23 Days PO - In Pain - Help!

RebeccaElise
on 1/1/13 8:53 pm - Quincy, MA

For the last few days I've had sharp pains (not constantly, but several times a day) about 4 finger-widths (cm) above my belly button, right in the center (maybe an inch below the midline incision.) When I woke up this morning, the pain was more constant, but still not continuous (more like it comes and goes every few minutes). It's sharp, but not excrutiating. Is it possible that this is a gallstone? Or an ulcer in the remnant stomach?

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Mal
on 1/1/13 9:00 pm

Sounds like normal healing pain to me.  If you are concerned or it becomes bothersome give your surgeon a call.

M'Lane

MultiMom
on 1/1/13 9:04 pm - NH

Definitely put in a call to your surgeons office and let them evaluate whether you need to be seen or if they think that it is normal.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

RebeccaElise
on 1/1/13 9:15 pm - Quincy, MA

I'll call...I'll just have to wait until the staff gets in for the day.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

rocky513
on 1/1/13 10:04 pm - WI

I had pain near the belly button that came in waves...kind of like cramps.  I had a section of bowel that had wrapped itself around an adhesion.  I waited too long and the bowel died.  They took out a foot of black, dead, bowel.  It was a life threatening situation.  Don't wait...call your doctor.  Pain is NOT normal and should ALWAYS be reported to your doctor.  Gallstones would cause pain higher in your stomach.  It is often mistaken for chest pain.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

RebeccaElise
on 1/1/13 10:40 pm - Quincy, MA

Talked to the surgeon and he seems to think it's nothing  emergent. He said to track it and see if it happens at a particular time of day or after eating something in particular. He suggested that it may be my body's way of indicating that I'm hungry, since it's happening first thing in the morning and it's improved by eating. So, I'll track it and maybe eat a little lightly today and see what happens.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 172 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?