I shaved all of my hair off!

Souperwoman
on 1/1/13 4:07 pm, edited 1/1/13 4:09 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

Between PCOS and thyroid issues, my hair has been thinning for years and I've gotten more comments about it lately.   I decided, as a "welcome to 2013" move, to take charge of my hair situation before I reached the point where I was asking "uh oh, is my hair falling out from surgery too?".   So today after new year's dinner I went and bought a few wigs, came home and shaved allll the hair off my head. lol  Hey, it's only hair.  New look for a new me! :D

*Edit* All of my browsers hate the process needed to embed pics, but they're on my profile if you'd like to see :D

arandol17
on 1/1/13 4:17 pm

I love the red wig!

Lessoflinda
on 1/1/13 5:35 pm - NY
I agree....the red one is hot!
newbeginning2012
on 1/1/13 7:37 pm

Good for you taking charge of the situation.  You look so cute in all of the different looks.  I am  a little jealous of the ease of your hair care now  ;)

Calla Lily
on 1/1/13 7:50 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Wow! You look great as a gi Jane! And I love the wigs! 

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Transformation
on 1/1/13 8:09 pm - Centennial, CO
RNY on 11/12/12
I absolutely love them all. Very cute.. I might have to do the same.
HW 331 SW 305    
Mal
on 1/1/13 8:58 pm

I love it!  I did this over the summer (a little bit differently, but it was pretty much the same as yours except my fiance shaved a heart on the back of my head and left a little on top so I could spike it) and it was so easy!!!!  I am jealous!  You get to try any kind of style or color you like!!  Being partial to red (see my picture LOL) I LOVE the red wig on you!  That one is my favorite.  I also think you look awesome with the peach fuzz!!!!  Its very liberating to take control of the situation and good for you for making the brave decision and you're right-----its only hair for goodness sake!!!!

Awesome looks!

M'Lane

RebeccaElise
on 1/1/13 9:11 pm - Quincy, MA

The purple-black on is very flattering!

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Dani Dutch
on 1/1/13 9:23 pm - Netherlands

Well now..that was a way to bring in the new year with a bang! LOL Good for you on taking control. I love wigs! My favorite are lace wigs because a good quality one looks like real hair. The one in my profile pic is one in fact.

65rosesmom
on 1/1/13 10:12 pm

That is AWESOME!!!  You look great and that takes guts!!   My hair has been falling out from surgery, so I went and had it chopped shorter than I've ever had it, but I didn't have the guts to buzz it down.   

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views