have you heard this before?

emt_amy
on 1/6/13 8:23 am - MN
so this just popped into my head..... i got chewed out again by the pa which i dont like. lol she told my that carbonation can stay in your system for 3 days?! do you think its true? she is also still on me that caffeine is a diuretic and a stimulant. she also says the pop will stretch out my pouch..... whats your opinion?

Debbie W.
on 1/6/13 8:31 am, edited 1/6/13 8:32 am
RNY on 12/11/12
poet_kelly
on 1/6/13 8:34 am - OH

I think she must not have been paying attention during her anatomy and physiology classes.  How can pop stretch your pouch?

As far as carbonation staying in your system for three days, what does that mean?  Where in your system does it stay?  In your pouch?  How would it stay in there that long when fluids only stay in your pouch for a short time and there is an opening at both the top and bottom of your pouch?

Finally, I think chewing out patients is very unprofessional and inappropriate.  I would request to see the surgeon, not the PA, or find a new doctor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

emt_amy
on 1/6/13 8:38 am - MN
i was supposed to see the surgeon that day. i dont even know where to start to find a new one.
she told me the stretching doesnt happen all at once but it takes a while. i think she's smoking something. lol

poet_kelly
on 1/6/13 8:40 am - OH

If you like the surgeon, I would just insist, next time you make an appt, that you only wish to see him.  I would tell the scheduler that if you show up for an appt and the PA is there, not the surgeon, you plan to leave.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

emt_amy
on 1/6/13 8:42 am - MN
theres an idea, thanks!!!

Debbie W.
on 1/6/13 8:56 am
RNY on 12/11/12
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/6/13 8:42 am

I agree with Kelly. What does that mean?  Where does carbonation linger for 3 day? Caffeine is not a diuretic unless you drink gallons.  Stimulant?  maybe.  Carbonation can not stretch your pouch but it makes a lot of people uncomfortable at first.  I could not drink it for a long time after surgery.  Probably at least a year.  I still try not to drink it much.  There certainly isn't any health or nutritional value to it.

Winnie

Debbie W.
on 1/6/13 8:57 am
RNY on 12/11/12
emt_amy
on 1/6/13 9:12 am - MN
thanks debbie, its informative, more so than the pa. but i didnt see where it says it stays in your system for 3 days. i know caffeine stays for up to 8 hrs.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views