Almost 2 years out.

Anabella
on 1/6/13 12:40 pm, edited 1/6/13 12:45 pm - Fresno, CA

I haven't been on OH for a long time. I've been busy with my 3 children, my oldest just became a United States Marine!!! I have lost a total of 168 pounds, I do not regret my surgery, it has given me a more active and happy life. I no longer feel ashamed when I'm out in public. Although I have gotten a lot of comments from friends that I took the easy way out, well it's not the easy way out. Every time someone brings junk food to the office they are watching me like hawks just to see if I put junk food in my mouth. I think it's funny, instead I choose my healthy snacks and they ask me if I miss eating junk food. My response was NO! I've worked too hard to lose this weight and I'm not going to jeopardize my health again. I did plenty of poor food choices for most of my life and I don't feel the need to do that again. The sad thing is that I have lost friends and that makes me sad. Well I thought I'd share with you all. Virtual hugs for everyone! We're in this together for ever!  You guys are welcomed to look at my profile pictures since I don't know how to post them with this message.

Kat Kat
on 1/6/13 2:22 pm - AZ

You look Fantastic, and it's great to hear you feel well, and are happy too.

If you lost friends because you had questionable ethical issues, I can see a reasonable person distancing themselves from you, but because you chose an effective method of weight loss,  I'd just have to say they weren't very good friends after all, so good riddance!!!

Congrats on raising such good children. They're lucky to have a Mom like you who cares enough to get healthy to be around for them. It's too bad one of them has to protect the  freedom of speech rights for those who say you took the easy way out. I say you chose a way that works, period!

It sounds like you might be surrounded by people who are jealous of you and who can blame them, because you're fabulous inside and out.

Continue to enjoy yourself, you worked hard for it!

Hugs,

Kat

manda2108
on 1/6/13 3:33 pm

You look stunning..thanks for stopping by to update!

Skinnygirlme
on 1/6/13 3:47 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
Congratulations!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
nfarris79
on 1/6/13 8:47 pm - Germantown, MD

Congrats on so many levels! It's great to hear that you've been able to get about just doing life ... angry

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Joyceebaby
on 1/6/13 9:23 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Way to go!  Your story is an inspiration.  Although no one has accused me of "taking the easy way out" yet, I have my reply all ready.  "That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  Easy way or hard way, what does it matter as long as I'm healthier?"  Ya know, even it it WAS the easy way out, why do people care?  We drive cars cause it's easier and faster than walking.  We use a washer and dryer because it's easier and faster than scrubbing our clothes on a washboard and hanging them out to dry.  Every day people take advantage of an easier way to accomplish our goals.  What matters is that we reach our goals!  Again, you're an inspiration!!

Anabella
on 1/6/13 10:49 pm - Fresno, CA

Thanks everyone! Hugs!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 138 views