Building muscle maybe? I need encouragement and advise from those 2+ years out.

cor p99
on 1/13/13 12:19 am
I'm very excited that I have just embarked on an exciting, much more disciplined exercise plan with a personal trainer. I'm 2+ years post Rny and lost most of my excess weight within the first 9 months following my surgery. The 13 or so months that followed were pretty slow in terms or weight loss... In fact, I haven't lost any additional weight for over 9 mo. I tracked my calories (1200) and got at least 3 days of running in a week ( it just wasn't enough to move the dial). So, here I am now.... Trying to dial things up and I am already frustrated after my first week with my new personal trainer. I see him twice a week ( tough circuit training) and then do cardio two additional days a week. I'm tracking calories with more discipline - on average 1100 cals a day. Sounds great, right?

I gained 1 lb last week.

Frustrating!!!!

Any advise for me? I plan on talking to my PT on Wednesday (I see him Wed.'s & Fri.'s).

poet_kelly
on 1/13/13 12:22 am - OH

It's normal for our weight to go up and down a bit.  Maybe you're retaining some water, maybe you need to poop.  To see if your new plan is working, you need to give it several weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cor p99
on 1/13/13 12:29 am
Thanks Kelly. I signed a 24 session agreement with the PT.... 12 weeks! I do need to be patient. It's just a bit frustrating not to see results right away.

Curious to know whether or not this has happened to others.

poet_kelly
on 1/13/13 1:23 am - OH

Probably almost everyone else.  You might wanna stay off the scale for a few weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 1/13/13 12:44 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Yes, it's water, no doubt. Muscles wan****er as they rebuild after their owner has given them a good shredding. 

cor p99
on 1/13/13 12:52 am
I'm encouraged to hear that! Thanks.

KittenLove
on 1/13/13 2:35 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Congrats!

Def water retention - I joke that the easiest way to lose five lbs (on the scale) is to not exercise for a week.

Also, 1100 calories seems awful low. I'd starve on that!!

Be happy. 

cor p99
on 1/13/13 7:14 am
Thanks everyone. I do want to tweak my calories and see what happens. I'm so paranoid.... I can't get myself to knowingly increase the intake of calories! Lol, I have issues

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 241 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics