hunger

wreedgarden
on 1/9/13 9:37 pm - KY
RNY on 01/21/13

Does this mental hunger ever go away? How do you combat it? I am on day 4 of pre op diet and I'm getting cravings for carbs! I know......EYES ON THE PRIZE WENDY! Atleast the shakes taste great though.

Joyceebaby
on 1/9/13 9:42 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Everyone is different post-op.  The majority of people have low/no appetite for a period after surgery and slowly start to get it back.  A very small number are hungry right after surgery.  A very small minority never get their full on hunger back.  It's very individual.

Personally, I had no appetite for about two weeks, then it started to kick in.  I was a major sugar addict pre-surgery.  I'm 6 weeks out today and still don't crave sugar.  But this is my own individual experience.  I was told early on to be careful and not ever compare myself to others.  We all recover differently, we all lose differently, we all have a different amount of loose skin, we are all just different.

Best wishes to you!! enlightened

stanggirl89
on 1/9/13 11:54 pm - DE

OMG!! I know how this is. On my pre op liquid diet. We all went to the boardwalk (wildwood NJ) and of course there is  CRAP load of food (wont go into details lol) It was hard but all I kept doing was reminding myself why I am doing this and I thought about how my delicious chocolate optifast shake was waiting for me at the hotel room. LOL  

Of course like everything else time heals. As the days go by the hunger starts fading away. Im almost 8 months post op and I make myself eat (timer set) or otherwise I could go all day without eating.

Good Luck to you!!!

May 16, 2012

HW:345 SW:329 GW:200(Jan 30,2013) 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 264 views