Tamiflu?

Kim26
on 1/10/13 11:10 am

Not sure about the rest of the country, but the flu is in full swing here in Upstate NY.  If I were to come down with it, is it safe for us RNY'ers to take Tamiflu? Thanks!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Dee.spunk
on 1/10/13 11:30 am - Sacramento, CA
If it like theraflu I think it should be fine. Anything that has acetaminophen is allowed by my surgeon. Anything with NSAIDs is a no-no. But check with your surgeon just incase.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Amanda M.
on 1/10/13 12:43 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Tamiflu should be fine. It is an anti viral, it stops certain strains of the flu virus from multiplying. It is not in the NSAID family, so you should be okay to take it.

I had to postpone my surgery last month due to the flu and I am paranoid as all hell that I am going to get it again. Our news said this week alone in MN there has been 23 deaths and over 1000 people hospitalized.

Scary stuff! Stay healthy!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 68 views