2 year post op check-up

busy_blond
on 1/11/13 1:10 pm - Tyler, TX

had my 2 year check up yesterday. I've gained 6 lbs from my lowest weight. My Dr was totally okay with the weight gain, he said this was just a good weight for me. On the other hand I am NOT ok with these 6 lbs. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, but when I get back I have GOT to get busy and get rid of those pesky 6 lbs.

Leann

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/11/13 1:18 pm - OH

I am 5.5 years out and currently at my lowest weight since surgery (2 pounds below my previous low weight), but I spent the past 2 years at between 5-7 pounds above that, and although I was fine with those couple of extra pounds since I was maintaining it relatively easily and able to have a small treat every day, I have noticed over the past couple weeks since I have been at this weight that I actually do feel a little better just without those 7 pounds.  I don't know if I will stay at this weight (and, to be honest, if the choice is between continuing to eat as I have been in the 3.5 years since I got to goal and having an extra 5-7 pounds OR having to be very strict about what I eat in order to be 5-7 pounds less, I will take the 7 pounds).

i do understand, though, wanting to get those few pounds off.  When my weight would creep above my 5 pound gain threshold, I would just increase water and protein a bit and eliminate all non-dairy, non- veggie carbs and in a couple of weeks, those pounds came back off.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

nkara
on 1/11/13 8:56 pm

I am a year out and still want to loose 20 more lbs.  I honestly have not gotten in a routine for exercise and plan on rectifying that so I can reach my goal.  I think a small increase is ok as long as you acknowledge it and make corrections to stay on track. I think the problem with us is we didn't take advantage of the small gains and let them get out of control.  Now with out new configured guts we should and can maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep at our goal weight.   Take charge of your destiny!  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 229 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?