reactive hypoglycemia and dexcom blood sugar monitor for 1 week.

TamaraL
on 1/26/13 7:23 am

So i am wearing a dexcom blood sugar monitor.  now this is pretty neat.  it is a little computer on my right side.  it felt like a staple put into my stomach when she placed it . it comes with a monitor that i can see what my blood sugars every 15 minutes.

the first night my blood sugars dropped to 60 or below all night long and it went off form 2:30 am on.  no sleep.  2nd night blood sugars dropped and i put it in the bathroom so that i could sleep. 

so evidently my blood sugars are dropping every night to 60 or below.  now i do not feel symptoms until they bottom out at below 60. 

so from what i can see my blood sugars rise when i eat and then most of the time suddenly drop.  not like a steady drop but a sudden down slide. 

they bottomed out after going to the gym also.  can't wait to see what the dr says. 

Tamara

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/13 12:03 pm
Please keep us posted. I know that adding fat and eliminating most carbs works for me. I also make sure I eat some food just before bed (nuts cheese - mostly proteins and fat.. )
Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?