Craving a Salad!!!

Careecans9801
on 2/5/13 4:53 am - cohocton, NY

Ahhhhh!! I am 3 weeks post op and I am craving a salad with southwest dressing badly!! I dont know if this is because I cant have it right now or because I really want one.

When I start my solid foods how long will it be before I am able to have a salad?

Surgery Date 1/14/13

big42long
on 2/5/13 4:58 am - OH
I want to say I was 8 weeks before I had a salad. I can't really remember. All I know is that I HAVE to have a salad everyday!

KimKinVA
on 2/5/13 5:12 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

I totally know what you mean about craving a salad. The first few weeks after surgery, I didn't crave ice cream, cake, candy... I wanted a big salad. I was cleared to have salad at my 2 month follow up appointment, when I was moved off of the pureed stage. I've had a few bites of salad since then and they were heavenly! Hang in there ... you should be able to eat some in the next few months. But definitely check with your surgeon or RD.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 2/5/13 6:58 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I was about 2 months out before I attempted a salad - I think it's one of the last items to try on my surgeon's list of things because of how much you have to chew it.  I was the same way though....I thought prior to surgery I'd never want another salad again but yet the first thing I craved was a salad. hahaha

soozowlapricot
on 2/5/13 7:39 am

i tried salad at 6.5 weeks & was fine... I guess it all depends on how well you tolerate foods...

Debbie W.
on 2/5/13 8:15 am
RNY on 12/11/12

I've wanted one bad too!  I can't have any veggies or fruit until 12 weeks, then I can try 1/2 non starchy vegetable and 1/2 cup fruit!!!  

BWB
on 2/5/13 11:15 am

My first salad was at a restaurant with friends and it didn't go well.  I spent most of the evening in the restroom. They don't look that good anymore and they don't have that much protein so I'm good without.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views