Edamame

RebeccaElise
on 2/13/13 12:12 am - Quincy, MA

Is edamame a starch, protein, or veggie? I've been thinking about it as a protein, but maybe I'm wrong? REcently, I've been getting into it for a snack....a 1/2 C. steamed in the pods with a sprinkle of salt is really yummy.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

Neen L.
on 2/13/13 12:17 am - Arlington, VA

Well, they are soybeans so they're technically a starch, but so high in protein and fiber that they're pretty ideal for post-ops. I love to roast and salt them for a crunchy snack.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Cheryl N.
on 2/13/13 12:31 am - Des Moines, WA

If you take thyroid meds, don't eat edamame for a few hours.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

fickleme
on 2/13/13 2:30 am - Bessemer City, NC

Dippy question here... but can you eat the pod too??

RebeccaElise
on 2/13/13 3:16 am - Quincy, MA
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I specified in the pods in my post because a 1/2 C. out of the pod would be a different measurement (a lot more actual edamame) than measured in the pod.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

cptprkchp
on 2/13/13 3:26 am

Ah, to be a recent post op once again.  I can scarf down a whole bag of edemame's.. lol.

DangerGirl
on 2/13/13 5:35 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

I love Edammame!  There's a low carb store on line that I can get them dry roasted - I usually have a little tuperware container of them in my purse for spontaneous snacks or to munch on in the movies.  

strongerthanyesterday
on 2/13/13 8:39 am - VA
RNY on 12/17/12
Don't eat the pods! Its not like pea pods... im not sure what would happen if you eat it but the ones I buy say on the package not to eat them.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views