A Stall in WL got you down? Hang in there~!

charjames
on 2/13/13 9:31 pm - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

It happens to all of us at some point- the dreaded STALL!  The invisible brick wall where weight loss stops & you begin questioning yourself, your routine, your doctors, EVERYTHING!! This happened to me recently- 3 1/2 months post op & for 2 weeks I lost NOTHING! I was so frustrated! How could this happen? And so soon after my surgery?  And on 600-800 calories/day.  I was getting my 70+ protein, taking my meds, watching fats/sugar.  What the heck?

Well I'm here to tell you that you WILL get through it.  It happens to all of us- and probably several times during this journey.  It's through the informative & caring posts in this forum that I KNEW I would be ok, that it was just temporary & completely normal. 

I'm here to tell you that I broke through that wall and am again losing.  And so will you!  So hang in there gals & guys.  I know its frustrating but it is part of the process. You are shedding weight quickly & your body is working OT- sometimes it needs a rest! DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF DAILY.  It will drive you mad.  Get back to basics.  Make sure you are taking your meds, getting the fluids & protein you need, etc.  It will happen.

Just hang in there :)  And celebrate your accomplishments thus far!

d_mac682
on 2/13/13 11:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12

I agree! Stay away from the scale if you want your mental state to remain.

TXKashmir
on 2/14/13 12:32 am - Grand Prairie, TX

How I wish this post could be mandatory reading for everyone going through WLS. Thank you for this!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Findingme2013
on 2/14/13 7:55 am
RNY on 02/04/13

Thank you for this! I'm day 10 post op and this is  good to know!! I'm one of those that gets on the scales everyday!! 

I've always been like that!!

Caleighc
on 2/14/13 9:13 am - Canada

Thanks for the encouragement.  I have been on a nasty four week stall!!!  The dietitian said I wasn't eating enough or getting enough protein so I have upped both and starting losing a few lbs now.  Hope it continues.

Halfgitana
on 2/18/13 12:42 am - Orlando, FL

I am 11 months post-op and have not lost a pound in over a month.  Ug.  After reading the thread, I realized that I think I am getting too many carbs.  I have been using protein bars, but I not think I am getting too many carbs from them.  So...today I cut them out.  Looking back over my food journal, I am well over the 40g of carbs a day.  Somedays double, but I am getting in my protein.

Thanks,

halfgitana

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics