Weight gain??!!!

Pittsteelers
on 2/17/13 10:30 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I have gained 3 pounds in the last week!!!! I'm only 6.5 months out. Tell me it's a stall and not a gain!!!! I do work out 6 days a week and strength train 2-3 of those days. Could I possibly be just gaining muscle?? I'm kind if freaking out.

SoCaPinkLady
on 2/17/13 10:57 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Have you been tracking your measurements?

Lori                               

Pittsteelers
on 2/17/13 11:33 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I have not been tracking my measurements. I never have. My clothes aren't getting tighter so that's a good sign, right??

Stephanie M.
on 2/17/13 11:24 pm - Los Angeles, CA

It could be just a stall. Monitor it closely this week, and make sure to track everything you are eating to make sure your calories are still in the same range they were. Gains sometimes happen (we can't control our metabolism) but make sure it's not small changes in your eating. Don't freak out if you are doing what you should be! It will go down! 

shannona2
on 2/17/13 11:27 pm
Could be water weight.
Pittsteelers
on 2/17/13 11:37 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Sometimes at the gym I burn 300-500 calories. I don't know if I should be eating those calories back or not. It's so confusing because everybody says something different. I do eat a protein bar after I work out, maybe I should cut that out??!! Some of them are 170-210 calories. I was losing so much easier when I wasn't working out.

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/13 12:18 am
RNY on 04/18/12

If you are getting enough protein / nutrition from your diet, then I would recommend not eating back the calories that you lost when you work out.  Less calories => weight loss.  Others may disagree, but that's how I see/do it.

However, I wouldn't too concerned over a tiny weight gain.  I've had them.  I just stick with my plan and the pounds (and more) eventually come off.

Mary Catherine
on 2/18/13 2:39 am

A gain is a gain whether from water, muscle, food, or exercise. A gain is when the scale goes up, a lose when it goes down and a stall when it does not move at all.  You did gain.  If your body has started into gain mode, then you need to cut back on calories until it gets back to losing.  A six months out you should still be able to take off a few pounds a month or at least stay the same. You should not be gaining.

The truth about the surgery is that most people lose right about 100 pounds, maintain that for about one year and then gain back 20.  A gain at six months out is very unusual.   At this point it is OK to not lose, but not OK to start gaining again  I would worry about it.  Track food, protein, calories, carbs and water and make sure you have not started eating too much.

Sarah R.
on 2/18/13 6:38 am

you probably did not gain...water weight happens. I can go up 5 pounds in a day sometimes. If it sticks around for more than a couple weeks then it would make me evaluate what I was doing. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 304 views