OTliving in NYC

KathyS28
on 2/14/13 9:59 am - MA

So my daughter went to FCI in NYC for baking and now wants to return to live. 

We are trying to figure out an inexpensive way for her to stay for 3 months to see how things work before making a commitment.

Any ideas or suggestions very welcome, I am very leery of Craigslist. 

artroxy blue
on 2/14/13 10:32 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

She may want to look into sublets, so she can rent a place short-term. I don't know exactly who she would contact, but maybe rental agencies?

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/13 10:23 pm - NY
RNY on 07/17/12

Manhattan is mega expensive.  Looking into a sublet for 3 months in Brooklyn or Queens may be an option.

exohexoh
on 2/15/13 1:01 am - West Chester, PA

i live in east harlem and it is way cheaper. me and my roommate live in a huge 2 bedroom and pay $840 each a month (yes still more expensive then lots of other places around the country but for NY its a steal). it's a safe area, i mean i wouldn't recommend walking around alone after midnight but i wouldn't recommend that for anyone anywhere!

when is she looking to come? our lease is up at the end of may and it's likely that one or both of us will be leaving since that's when we graduate.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

KathyS28
on 2/15/13 1:23 am - MA

We were considering Harlem, but since she is in the baking/restaurant business lots of hours are very late or very early, so she will need to be walking at all hours to the subway. She is looking to come as early as March. She will be in town next week for some interviews. Kathy

exohexoh
on 2/15/13 2:16 am - West Chester, PA

usually if i'm out late i'll take the subway to 86th and then take a cab the rest of the way home to 105th. it's usually around $10 with tip, but as an everyday thing it would be pretty expensive. i do it maybe once every 2 months so it's not a big deal.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics