Think I drank too fast

alycat75
on 2/16/13 1:18 am - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13

Pouch is gurgling after protein shake.  Don't feel sick (thank god!), but its def not a fan of me right now.  Very loud!!!  Hush down there!

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

Findingme2013
on 2/16/13 4:07 am
RNY on 02/04/13

My tummy rumbles too at times!!  It makes me laugh because I never know my insides could make such sounds.

exohexoh
on 2/16/13 9:00 am - West Chester, PA

a lot of my times my pouch is loud when it likes what i'm eating. when i was early out and would drink too fast (which is more often then i'd like to admit) it came right back up. they always knew at work when i got this certain look that my drink was coming back up. now i can guzzle like pre-op

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/16/13 9:14 am - OH

You will find that LOTS of things make noise (it is actually the intestines that make noise, not the pouch) after RNY.  It still happens to me on an almost daily basis at over 5 years out.  It doesn't necessarily mean you are or drank too fast or a particular thing doesn't agree with you.  I have never been able to get what I consider a completely satisfactory answer about WHY it happens (but it happens to the vast majority of us), but it seems to have something to do with the intestine that is attached to the pouch not being used to getting food that has not already been partially processed.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics