Veggie Burger?

megs617
on 2/17/13 11:29 pm

Tomorrow I can start stage 3 (soft mechanical phase).  Under "ok" foods is lean ground beef.  I'm not much of a meat eater, so I was wondering if it was ok to have a veggie burger at this stage?  Also, I have a great recipe for vegetarian chili made in the crock pot.  It hosts a variety of beans.  Is this ok?  I have been following my diet plan from my doctors explicitly, but now that I will be able to add a few more things, I'm scared to death!  The diet plan is not very descriptive at this point, so, I'm not sure if things such as garbonzo, black beans, kidney beans are ok at this point.  Also, are canned tomatoes ok? 

Sorry for all the questions.  I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right.  You guys are the pros, so I trust your advice!!!

Thanks so much!

helenm71
on 2/17/13 11:32 pm

im not much of a meat eater either, so i waqs goign to ask my NUT about the vegi products, i love grillers and garden burgers.

my plan says canned toms are good without the skin, good luck

poet_kelly
on 2/17/13 11:37 pm - OH

Those things should be OK on soft foods, but check with your dietician if you're not sure.  I ate veggie burgers (with cheese) and chili and beans on my soft food diet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dee.spunk
on 2/17/13 11:39 pm - Sacramento, CA
I see lots of people going the vegetarian way, and as long as you pick protien rich foods it should be fine. I know Costco and trader joes makes a veggie burger that has a lot of protein. I don't see why it would be a problem. If you're not sure, ask your NUT for ideas.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

thynnlynn
on 2/18/13 12:01 am - MI

I would check the ingredient list as some of them have some icky chemicals in them.  I know there are also a bunch of good ones and if you have time, they are easy to  make and freeze.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

megs617
on 2/18/13 12:34 am

Thank you all for your responses!  I'm just so afraid I will do something wrong!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics