Lightheaded in morning

alycat75
on 2/19/13 8:52 pm - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13
I've been noticing over the past couple days that when I wake up in the morning and get up to do my showering and getting ready for work, I feel lightheaded in the morning. I don't know if it's blood sugar thing but I usually immediately go get one my protein shakes and start ingesting that but it takes a good half-hour to 45 minutes to really feel like I'm okay. I'll have bouts of Feeling like im short of breath and I need to sit down, or if I'm drying my hair my arms will feel really heavy. Has anybody experienced anything like this?

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

Lori F.
on 2/19/13 9:01 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

If I don't eat before being active (even just getting dressed and showering) I feel like that too.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

angeleigh
on 2/19/13 9:49 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I noticed i was feeling like that if I didnt eat anything before bed. So normally when I take my bedtime meds I eat string cheese or sliced cheese. Also it could be your vitamins, are you taking them in the morning before you start your food? I take some of mine right when i get up, then drink a shake while i get my son ready for school. I get up around 6am, get ready for my day then get him up at 630. Some mornings I will eat something right after I take my pill, so while i get ready my 30mins of waiting is going by.

Try eating something small right when you get up. I get vertigo really bad sometimes, and that is how i feel short of breath, have to sit or i start feeling dizzy. I was getting cramps in my forearm when I would dry my hair about 2-4 weeks post op. It was a vitamin thing, i cant remember what vitamin it was. But eating a little something helped. Try doing a banana.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Karen518
on 2/19/13 10:44 pm

I had a similar problem early out.  I also started eating a small protein snack in the evening, but for me it was blood pressure.  The doc had left me on one blood pressure med after surgery and we needed to discontinue it much sooner than they anticipated as my pressure dropped.  Not sure if you monitor your pressure, but it could also be a factor.

chulbert
on 2/19/13 11:14 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

My money's on blood pressure.

Karens62
on 2/20/13 12:16 am - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
Mine too, I was going to say the same thing. If the Dr. feels you still need BP meds(assuming you're on them) then try taking in the evening, not morning.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Kim7777
on 2/20/13 10:33 am - NC
RNY on 02/04/13

I am anemic from excessive bleeding during surgery (2/4/13) so for me that is why I felt exhausted and experienced a higher heart rate and dizziness.  It could also have been low blood pressure but it does seem to be resolving on its own now that I'm 2.5weeks out from surgery.  Taking iron supplements helps with the anemia.  Check with your doctor about this to ensure its not something serious.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics