Weight Loss Stall.... GRRRRR!!!

Careecans9801
on 2/22/13 10:06 pm - cohocton, NY

So as of Monday I will be six weeks RNY post op. For the last 2 weeks I have not lost any weight! I am so frustrated right now. I am doing everything I am suppose to. I get my protein, I am exercising, and still nothing. I know they say this is normal, but how long does it last! I am losing my faith in myself and I don' t want to do that!!

Surgery Date 1/14/13

poet_kelly
on 2/22/13 10:34 pm - OH

Typically, it's considered a stall when it lasts for a month or more.

How about staying off the scale for a while?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shygirlxoxo
on 2/22/13 10:35 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

As long as you are following the plan it will move. Keep measuring your body. For me, if the scale isnt moving, the tape measure will be. My weight likes to stall just long enough to make me paranoid and then drop off in chunks lol

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

TXKashmir
on 2/22/13 10:58 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Seriously, if a stupid, arbitrary number on a scale is going to make you lose faith in yourself - do yourself a favor and throw it out the window! Girl, you are worth more than a number! Please go forward counting your success in real life things that matter - resolved health issues, smaller clothes, compliments, increased mobility/ability. I didn't even own a scale until I made goal - did I experience stalls/plateaus/gains? I don't know, and every time I pull on my size six blue jeans - I don't care! You can do this, my friend!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

cajungirl
on 2/22/13 11:18 pm

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

JaneJetson60
on 2/23/13 2:20 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Ditto and Ditto

Careecans9801
on 2/23/13 12:22 am - cohocton, NY

Thank you all for the support. I know that I am more than a number and I need to enjoy this journey. I am just frustrated because I am working so hard at this, and the scale does not move. I guess I just need to keep positive and hopefully the scale will move soon!!

thank you all again!!

Surgery Date 1/14/13

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/13 5:26 am - Rio Grande Valley, TX
RNY on 12/14/12

I was on a stall so long I don't know how long it was for sure. Talk about discouraging!!! I had surgery 12/14/12 and to date have lost only 23.6 lbs. Am I disappointed? You bet I am but I am doing all I can to not give up. I lost 18 of  that the first month and only 5.6 since Jan 3rd. Regrets of having this done? Well, for the money it cost me I would have to say yes. It has to come off! It just has to. Dietitian says drink more water, change exercise routine up and walk more. I have and it has helped a little bit but not as much as I had hoped. Will I be the only one with RNY to not be successful? I sure hope not. My PCP's comment a few months back before I even had RNY said "some people just arent meant to be thin" when I asked for some diet pills to help. We shall see what happens! Not giving up!  I have read that revisions often do not lose as much or as quickly as first timers so....  time will tell :)

Good luck to all on their journey and Congratulations to all who have reached their goal! :)

Joyceebaby
on 2/23/13 7:34 am
RNY on 11/29/12

You are not alone.  Many of us (including me) go through this.  I posted a couple of times how frustrated and worried I was.  The wonderful vets (and others) kept reminding me that this is normal, to stay off the scale (which I never did), and it the weight WILL come off.  They were all right...I lose in "steps".  I lose a bunch over the course of a few days, then nothing for a couple of weeks. But it all averages out. 

Hang in there...you'll see the scale move, I promise :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 322 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?