So,...I did it! I am officially on the losers bench. --Day 3 post op

katmom_02
on 2/22/13 10:42 pm - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

Well, my surgery was Wednesday and everything well okay. They did have a bit of trouble getting me intubated and now I have a sore throat on top of everything else. The pain is not insigificant, but as long as I can get my medicine in I am relatively comfortable. At this rate, I do not see a problem going back to work next week on Thursday or Friday. I can sit at my desk and be productive instead of sitting on the couch and watching everyone else do stuff. The far left incision is the most painful, but the other don't really hurt at all. I was absolutely correct in thinking that the morphine pump was helping me more than I realized...a truth that came to light as soon as that bad boy was taken away. I am drinking water, probably not as much as I should, but I'm keeping my little pouch full. I'm going to try some clear protein this afternoon. SO glad I found those Whey protein shots, cause I don't know how much I will be able to drink and each of those is 46g of protein.I haven't started really losing yet, but I know that I will and am not worried about it.

poet_kelly
on 2/22/13 10:44 pm - OH

Did you get the Yes Whey shots from Bariatric Advantage?  I'm not aware of any other brand that contains all whey isolate.  Most brands contain mostly collagen protein, which we don't absorb so you would only get a tiny bit of protein from those.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling pretty good already.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

karenp8
on 2/22/13 10:57 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep drinking as much as you can. You will feel a bit better every day!

aweis
on 2/23/13 9:13 am

Congratulations!!angry

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views