Day 6 on liquid diet yesterday gained 2 pounds

meeshelle
on 2/21/13 7:23 pm
RNY on 03/04/13

How in the world does that happen? I am hoping it may be the extra sodium I am having? I will weight myself again in couple days. I started drinking more water than i was hoping this will help. I just cant believe it i am only having clear liquids no food at all   SIGH........

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Joyceebaby
on 2/21/13 7:58 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Are you saying you haven't lost any weight, but have gained 2 lbs?   Or have you lost weight and when you stepped on this morning you were up?  If it's the latter, that's normal.  If it's the first, I'd call my surgeon's office.  

Funny story:  My friend had her surgery 10 days after me.  When she started her liquid diet, our mutual friend ratted her out to me and told me she decided McDonalds milk shakes were liquid and had one.  I called her and set her straight.  

Lori F.
on 2/21/13 8:04 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

If you are having a lot of broth, it could be that.  I couldn't do much broth when I did liquids because I retain too much water with even a little bit of sodium.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

LilyBugsMommy
on 2/21/13 10:54 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

This is so true! I am using the low sodium broth and it still has a huge amount of sodium in it :(

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 235 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics