Constipation

lilisasmith3
on 2/24/13 5:37 am
RNY on 01/31/13

So how many days to I wait before calling my surgeon? I can't poop to save my life and I have tried 2 laxatives. 

finaly4me79
on 2/24/13 6:01 am

I would call right away. I have a problem now with constipation this is why I am having the surgery. I find that fish helps but Im guessing you are still on a liquid died. Is there anything that caused you to get the runs before? Like I cant eat Turkey or I will be stick home for days. I know sweets may still bother you but try a smoothie with fruit.  

Kendra C.
on 2/24/13 6:12 am, edited 2/24/13 6:12 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I was told by my nut that you can add prunes into you blender and mix with your protein shakes. Also, if you are able to eat oatmeal very runny, my plan allows this as long as is it very soupy. The oatmeal is supposed to help with the fiber content so I was told. 

Megan K.
on 2/24/13 6:13 am
RNY on 02/18/13

One thing you may want to consider after you get going again is a probiotic, it's something that my surgeons office said can help and I was constipated leaving the hospital (took the laxative) and since have been taking my daily dose--it seems to be helping me.  Mine comes in little packets (like crystal light) and almost tastes like it too.  Makes it easier if you have a hard time with pills as I seam to be having.

CeciliaH.
on 2/24/13 6:31 am

I've started taking 2 Fiber Well gummies a day and it's help a lot! Took a few days, but I have noticed a more regular "system".  

HW 250lbs., Lab Band 6/2010 213lbs., revised to RNY 12/18/2012 224lbs., CW 186, GW 150lbs. 

HFrederick613
on 2/24/13 7:08 am - PA

I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op and started taking MOM after I thought I would die trying to go.  It takes awhile to work but definitely helps make things work.

Heather

Mrs_Stimpy
on 2/24/13 7:58 am
RNY on 12/20/12

I ended up taking suppositories two days in a row, both effective.  I had never had constipation so bad in my life before, but once I was through those two episodes, I haven't had any problems.  I don't take fiber or laxatives at all.

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

MsBatt
on 2/24/13 8:05 am

How much fat are you eating? Too little fat can cause terrible constipation!

Sheila W.
on 2/24/13 10:27 am

My constipation has been horrific since day one!  (I'm 4 months out) Just a week ago I felt like I birthed a baby out my rectum it was so bad.... I've done Phillips caps, MOM, miralax.  I've had fissures, hemorrhoids etc in dealing with this issue.  I now take Bisacodyl 10mg everyday and am finally have a bm daily.  It works within 2-4 hrs for me so I take it in the morning.  It scares me to have to take Bisacodyl everyday as it is more of stimulant laxative and not sure how safe it is for everyday.  I see the doctor for 6 month check up in April and will address it once again.

good luck and hope you find something that works.

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself. HW 350 SW 324  SD10/19/12

lilisasmith3
on 2/24/13 10:29 am
RNY on 01/31/13
Oh my go****hat is exactly how I felt today!!! I hope this doesn't become a normal thing. I am on my 4th week and its the first time it has happenned.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 73 views
Recent Topics