The suspense

optimistic34
on 2/25/13 6:35 am - AL

I received a call from my surgeons  office last week letting me know they submitted all of my paper work for insurance approval.  I called the insurance today and they stated it is still under review but should have an answer by the end of the week. I am so ready to start the next phase in this journey. How long after approval do you have to typically wait for a surgery date?

HW 245/ SW 242/ GW 145/ SURGERY DATE 04/01/13   

poet_kelly
on 2/25/13 6:41 am - OH

Depends on how booked up your surgeon is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rosy_6684
on 2/25/13 6:46 am

I am at about the same place you are.  My insurance approval took 2 weeks and my surgery is in 3 weeks.  So it is happening pretty fast.  I think they may have been holding the surgery date for me because it was the only one left in March. 

NEWMI
on 2/25/13 6:48 am - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13

I ALSO DEPENDS ON UR INSURANCE, I GOT MY CALL THEY SUBMITTED IT TO MY INS. 3 DAYS LATER I WAS APPROVED AN MY RNY WLS DATE IS 3/4/13

Findingme2013
on 2/25/13 6:53 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I had a small hitch in my approval, but once that was fixed, I then had to wait on the surgeon and my work schedule around both jobs. But It was less that 6 weeks.  I was ready to move on too, but it all will come together as it should!!

finaly4me79
on 2/25/13 6:56 am

I wish I was that lucky I am in canada we have a good year or more of run around before we even get the ok and then the surgion can turn around and say no. I know  of alot of people that waited 2 years. thankfully mine has been only a year. It sucks waiting but well worth it in the end

Kaoz789
on 2/25/13 7:14 am

Once my doctors office actually submitted it to the correct insurance company I had my approval in 48 hours.  I work shift work so it was about 6 weeks before an appropriate window opened for both me and my surgeon. It would have been much sooner if the doctors office hadn't had so many delays and personel issues and general incompetence. I was actually shopping for a new surgeon when they finally got their act together.

optimistic34
on 2/25/13 7:34 am - AL

I hope mine comes pretty quickly. My entire process has been very easy. I know a lot of people take a lot longer than mine has.  My first consult was on Jan 9th of this yr, so it has been less than two months for things to progress as far as they have. My insurance has been very easy to work with. Good luck to everyone that has surgery dates coming up soon.

HW 245/ SW 242/ GW 145/ SURGERY DATE 04/01/13   

Dee.spunk
on 2/25/13 9:12 am - Sacramento, CA
I started the process in July, 01, 2011 and had surgery at the end of November. So about 4 months for me. I'm glad it took that long cause I learned to eat right during that time and read as much info as I could about RNY. I felt pretty ready for anything because of it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

netnay
on 2/25/13 9:33 am
RNY on 03/27/13

I am going through this same thing right now. I think waiting for the insurance to decide is the worst part of the pre op stuff. It is driving me up the wall and making me want to eat everything!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views