pregnancy

NEWMI
on 2/27/13 8:47 am - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13
Has ok so I'm scheduled for my rny was on Monday an went today to register at the hospital an they took my blood an now they called an told me I have to post pone my wls....has this happened to anyone? I'm sooooooo sad right now I don't know what to do..
poet_kelly
on 2/27/13 9:13 am - OH

It didn't happen to me.  I remember one person posting about that happening to her a while back.  I don't remember when it was.  Quite some time back, I think.

What are you thinking you want to do?  What are your options?  Postpone WLS until after you give birth or terminate the pregnancy and have your RNY sooner?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherry T.
on 2/27/13 9:55 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

This happened to me! It was in 2002 and surgery was still open at that time, I was in the process of getting the approvals from all the tests, had my psych evaluation and was ready for the second appt with the doctor for the review of the tests and submitting it to the insurance.  Had to call them and cancel everything.  I didn't get as far along as you but it was just as devastating and overwhelming just the same. I was 35 years old and never thought I could have children and certainly wasn't married to the man.   I finally made this big decision to fight to have the surgery done and then WHAM! one thing I had always wanted I was getting. A BABY!  There was no way I could have surgery.   He's 10 years old or about to be on April 10th and he's the love of my life.  Spoiled rotten yes but I can't imagine life without him.  So, it took a while to work up the courage to try again and had even better insurance this time and it's no longer open but laproscopic....I didn't even have to look for a doctor, I knew exactly who I wanted to use!  

It's a scary time, you had your heart set on surgery but it will wait, have your baby and then see what you want to do.  Hang in there!!  Email me if you want too, I know your mind is reeling but it will be okay!!

((((((((((hugs))))))))

Sherry

Missirenee
on 2/27/13 10:23 am - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13
honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 12:49 pm - CA
One of the main reasons I am having this surgery is so that I can have children. Think of this as a gift. Children are wonderful and you can have surgery later. You will have the same chance you have now. You should enjoy this time. I would give anything to be able to conceive.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

NaturallyMeka
on 2/27/13 1:32 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/26/12

I had been eating better and working out on a regular and lost about 30 pounds, while I was waiting on my insurance to approve me I found out I was pregnant. I thought about all my options and decided to postpone surgery and have the baby. But I miscarried at 8 weeks 1 day. The baby was a gift I didn't know I wanted until I had it. I went through alot of pain in losing the baby. I believe that the problem was my diabetes and weight. It made me want to work even harder. I called my surgeon and let her know about the miscarriage and that I wanted to go ahead with the surgery. I had surgery 12/26 and although I always think about how far along I would be, it also serves as motivation as to why I need to lose weight and be healthier because I do want to have a baby someday and hopefully carry to term. I will say though that when I told them I was pregnant they told me I could have surgery about 6 months after the baby was born, so you really don't have to put it off too much if you decide to go that route. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

NEWMI
on 2/27/13 2:44 pm - SILVER SPRING, MD
RNY on 03/18/13
Thank u everybody will update (mind is on a thousand) but no wls right now
honestlinzel
on 2/27/13 6:15 pm - CA

whatever choice you make, will not be the wrong one. Just do what feels right.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

DebsGiz
on 2/27/13 7:37 pm - FL

Having spent most of my 20's and 30's going through infertility treatments,only to lose six pregnancies and never have the child I longed for, I would so encourage you to look at the bright side of this miracle you've been given.

God is giving you a precious gift, so please cheri**** and have faith that this has happened for a reason.  This baby either needs you, or you need it.  God does not make mistakes...

Surgery will happen for you when the time is right.

Sending you a big warm hug and a congratulations on your baby news.  This is good news, not something to be sad about.  God has entrusted you with this precious life so you have every reason to celebrate!!! 

Debbie W.
on 2/27/13 11:14 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

Amen....

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?