Whats everyone eating today?

charjames
on 2/27/13 12:25 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

I've been falling a little short on my protein lately so upped my breakast shake to 2 scoops with 2 cups of unsweetened Almond Milk. 52g Protein& 60 calories!  Having homemade stuffed pepper soup for lunch (about 3/4 cup).  I used ground turkey instead of red meat & brown rice instead of white.  Dinner = not sure.  Any suggestions? :)

Jilly Bean
on 2/27/13 12:40 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

B:  coffee, 2 eggs with cheese/Canadian bacon

L:  salad

D:  lemon chicken (crock pot) and whole wheat pasta

S: protein shake (yuck but needed)

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

charjames
on 2/27/13 12:42 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Lemon chicken sounds yummy!  And in the crockpot- I love my crock pot!  Would you mind posting the recipe?

Jilly Bean
on 2/27/13 12:54 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

It's so easy - which I love.

2 T of butter on the bottom of the crock pot, layer in chicken breasts, add one packet of Italian Seasoning mix, drizzle with lemon juice.  Cook on low 6-8 hours (depending on size of breasts and amount used).  I used 3 large breasts and set it for 6 hours.

We use our crock pot so much that I now use liners so I can stop from cleaning (soaking) it all the time.  Works great!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Neen L.
on 2/27/13 3:03 am - Arlington, VA

Happy Wednesday all!

Well, today is a very stressful day. Some major changes are taking place in my department over the next few months and I am one of two people that know about them. Today there is a meeting to announce what is happening and I have been sick over it for weeks, just because I know that a good number of people aren't going to like what they hear. I keep reminding myself that I need to accept whatever comes my way with the most open heart and mind possible, but I am still nervous.

On the flip-side, I managed to get tickets to "Book of Mormon" for when it's at the Kennedy Center this summer! Tickets went on sale this morning and their website broke immediately from so many people trying to buy tickets. I tried for two hours to get through by phone, but finally found someone reselling their tickets on StubHub with only a tiny mark-up. Hooray! I have been wanting to see this show for a long time.

Food today:

Day - water and coffee

Evening - I was just going to make a salad with some grilled chicken because my husband had other dinner plans, but he had to reschedule them so I need to think of something both of us like. Not a problem though! Snacks will be a kashi protein bar, yogurt, maybe something sweet, and an egg or two.

Have a great day all!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

madeformore
on 2/27/13 3:23 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12
madeformore
on 2/27/13 3:28 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Charjames, what protein powder do you use to get it that low in calories? Totally interested!

Busy day here! Ran some errands, made 2 giant hotdishes for the Lenten Meal we are attending tonight, and am about to go pick up my son and extra kiddos for the afternoon, then we'll attend the Lenten Meal later. I will be ready for bed tonight - its alot of running around today!

Breakfast: Protein shake

Lunch: Taco salad, 1/2 apple with greek yogurt for dip

Supper: Hotdish at the Lent meal, maybe some salad depending on what else is there

Snacks: Greek yogurt with strawberries, cheese stick

Have a great day everyone!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Darlene O.
on 2/27/13 3:37 am - Cypress, TX
RNY on 01/02/13 with

My unsweetened Almond milk is 40 calories a cup.

Darlene

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/13 4:49 am
RNY on 04/18/12

I'm going to have a very good protein day today.  I bought some Quest bars to have for lunch along with a Greek yogurt, so I'll be topping off at 129-130 g protein for the day. 

B - Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (cherry) with 1/2 cup Fiber One original and two prunes

S - Decaf protein coffee

L - Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (blueberry) and a Quest Cinnamon Roll bar

S - Decaf protein coffee

D - Veggie chili with 2 Babybel Light and (maybe) a small salad

I haven't had veggie chili in a little while and it's one of my favorites, so I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight.

charjames
on 2/27/13 5:07 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

OMG! I was doing a million things at once this am & when I typed the calories I didn't include the protein powder! lol!!  I use Body Fortress Whey- Vanilla so calories with unsweetened Almond Milk & 2 scoops = 350 calories.    Sounds like a alot but its 2 scoops so it's 52g of protein and I wasn't hungry all morning. Also- I was only getting 600 or so cals a day & was told I need to have 800-1100 calories/day.  Sorry for the confusion.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 376 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 467 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 381 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views