Pre-Op Liquid Diet

thynnlynn
on 2/27/13 10:34 pm - MI

My doc does not require this but I was speaking with the PAT doc and she said that she thought that doing this would be a good kick start and might lead to a quicker recovery, so I am starting it today with surgery on the 13th.  I am SO ready for this. 

I was originally scheduled for 1/4 which was cancelled cause of my thyroid issues but I believe things happen for a reason;  My meds were so messed up because my little, old dog was declining and was keeping me up all night.  I had been worried about going to the hospital and leaving him with my husband as he really was not crazy about him and I did not think he would care for him the way I did.  Well, he lost his sense of smell, which left him lost.  He could not even find me and I had to have him put to sleep on the 12th.  I am still not over this as he was my best friend for 16 years, but as I knew he would not make it till summer, it was best that I was able to be with him until the end, so actually having re reschedule was a good thing.

Everything seems to be moving quickly now and I need to make sure everything is all prepared.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Lindah55
on 2/27/13 10:42 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

So sorry for your loss. Good luck on your surgery.

MichelleNC
on 2/27/13 11:00 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I feel the same way about our puppy. My kids love him to bits so I am sure they will care for him just fine but the hubby isn't a fan. Good luck on your surgery  am in the liquid diet phase too....so not fun!

Good Luck keep us updated!

Michelle

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Lori F.
on 2/27/13 11:07 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I'm so sorry about your baby.  I did the preop liquid diet voluntarily too, except the last week I added in a protein and veg only dinner because I had already been doing liquid only for 2 weeks.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

_Islander_
on 2/27/13 11:16 pm
RNY on 03/11/13

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too have a beloved four legged baby and it would tear me apart if anything happened to her. Your baby crossed over to Rainbow Bridge and will be there to greet you one day.

I start my 10 day liquid diet tomorrow. I've been on a farewell tour with my food up to this point. Oddly enough, I lost almost 10 pounds in the process. LOL My 18y daughter is supporting me by following the liquid diet with me. I'm so lucky to have her in my camp! Good luck!

TomN
on 2/28/13 1:37 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

So happy you are getting the opportunity to move forward!  That said, I am also sorry to hear about your loss.  Many just don't understand that the loss of a pet can be just as traumatic as a person as they are family!  My last serious weight gain came around the time we lost ours...a year ago we got not one but two puppies and I love seeing my old dog in them both.  And now that I have been on the losers bench for a couple months, can do more with them!  Take care and we are all wishing you the best in your surgery and beyond!

cheryl712
on 2/28/13 3:49 am - FL

I am very sorry for your loss, I know how hard it can be to say goodbye to your beloved pet.  I am having my gastric bypass surgery on March 11th and will be starting my liquid diet tomorrow.  I am just wondering what brand of Liquid are you drinking.   I am using a weight loss protein drink from "New Directions" I am told it is like Optifast.   Cheryl

thynnlynn
on 2/28/13 4:28 am - MI

I am doing the protein shakes, broth, SF jello, SF pudding, SF popsicles, broth, tea, etc.  Bailey's & coffee came to mind but decided against it! kiss

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

RainbowRN
on 2/28/13 8:37 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a fur baby is the worst. I am on the liquid diet too. It's okay so far but the first two days were awful. I feel much better now. You can do it! :)

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 220 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views