So mad at myself!!!!

Pittsteelers
on 3/6/13 11:07 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Why have I been snacking so much?? I eat 3 meals a day and usually have a snack at night. But lately I am snacking between lunch and dinner and then I am snaking on 2 or 3 things after dinner, before bed. I am not gaining weight, I've been between 141 and 143 for over a month now. I am not snacking on bad things (usually nuts, cheese, popcorn or a protein bar), but still can't seem to stop. Should I try maybe eating smaller meals though out the day or stick with the 3 meals?? I am getting plenty of protein, 80 to 100 grams a day. It's like I am not getting that full feeling anymore and that I am constantly thinking about food, which in returns makes me hungrier.

poet_kelly
on 3/6/13 11:17 am - OH

I don't know why you're snacking.  Is it because you're hungry?  If I only ate four times a day,  I would be hungry.  I eat at least six times a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 3/6/13 11:20 am

Are you bored?  Winter time is a hard time for a lot of people.  I can  relate to what you are saying and I just want it to stay light longer and get warm so I can get back to working outside and I won't be tempted to snack so much either. 

Saandraw
on 3/6/13 12:05 pm
I was told by my doctor to only eat 3 times a day and no snacks and I am forever hungry
poet_kelly
on 3/6/13 12:15 pm - OH

I would not get enough protein or calories if I only ate three times a day.  Plus I'd be hungry and my blood sugar would drop too low.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dee.spunk
on 3/6/13 12:12 pm - Sacramento, CA
I was doing only three meals a day, but I added snacks. I eat my three meals, but after lunch I have a snack, usually peppers or broccoli, and after dinner too. Usually yogurt. I figure better to eat something healthy than to sit here all hungry and then eat something unhealthy.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

ginger F.
on 3/6/13 1:30 pm - DC
Whenever this happens to me I try to drink a glass of water instead. The psychological thing is really tough. I find myself wanting to eat just out of old habits.
obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/6/13 7:29 pm

Sorry you are putting yourself through this. TRY water instead of snacks if you start gaining but if not limit your intake, keep your protein up and follow your doctor's advice. I was told three meals and no snacking. 

I could not do that any longer cut back on meals and added snacks and gained 20 lbs. BE CAREFUL!

K. L
on 3/6/13 7:59 pm
RNY on 08/20/12

I don't have much advice, but wanted to let you know you're not alone! I could have posted the exact same thing! Looks like we had surgery around the same time, and I've also been sitting at 153-155 for the past month. Its hard because I know I would still be losing if I wasn't snacking. I think that in my case I psych myself out because I am able to eat the food, then I get stressed and worried because I did, and like you said, then I'm always thinking about food and thus always hungry. I recently started seeing a therapist to help with my food issues, you could try this if you feel you need it, though its hard to tell from your post how much of your snacking is emotional. I guess it might be worth a try? I also notice its hard to find a balance when working out. I know I am hungrier when I workout, but I can never tell just how much more food I should be eating.

Linda K.
on 3/6/13 11:23 pm
RNY on 08/01/12

Can't offer much advice except when I need to snack I do a protein shake or baby carrots.  The baby carrots are a life saver, lots of chewing, texture, filling and only 25 cals a bag.

lyn

lyn

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?