Awful GAS ODOR!!

arwrn92
on 3/6/13 5:09 am

I just have to ask this embarrassing subject - does anyone else have TERRIBLE gas??!! I had surgery 7 weeks ago and by the end of the day I have so much gas and not so sweet smelling - it's hard because I'm around people at work - my daughter will hardly be in the same room as I am - does anything work to help - Gas X, Devrom?? I went back to work and it is hard because i end up with a stomach ache holding it all in. I appreciate the help!

BWB
on 3/6/13 5:45 am

Yes we all know about it.  It is terrible and that is one thing that no one tells you before hand.  I notice that it isn't so bad if I stay away from carbs.  I have meant to get some Devrom but haven't found it.

arwrn92
on 3/6/13 7:26 am

I got it on the internet - I think on Amazon

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/13 5:48 am

there are foods that will cause that:

carbs, milk, beans, raw veggies, even cooked veggies, too much fat, and last but not least - Sugar alcohols. (some chewable vitamins have SA - so watch for that).

try to eliminate foods and add one at a time to see what is causing the gas. I can't eat beans or anything with sugar alcohols (SA) even SF chewing gum will cause me a lot of pain.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

nfarris79
on 3/6/13 6:46 am, edited 3/6/13 6:47 am - Germantown, MD

All of the above. If Costco sold chewable GasX, I'd buy it in bulk! I also take Devrom - - had embarrasing gas that make the outdoor running group I run with turn to each other and say "what's that smell? Trash? Porta-potty?" and I was loathe to own up to it! 

If the gas is food-based, think about taking Beano or charcoal tabs (available at vitamin stores). I buy Devrom thru Amazon, as I'd never been able to find it in a store. Veggies are important when you're further out but I too have noticed that if I up my carbs, the gas gets worse (as in smellier).

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Sassyflamingo
on 3/6/13 6:57 am
RNY on 06/14/12

Nothing I've taken has ever really helped. In general, I'm much happier being stinker and healthier:-)

avidreader
on 3/6/13 7:56 am - Cary, NC

Devrom does work for me - I keep it in my purse and at work.  My husband insists I never let it run out.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/13 8:24 am - San Antonio, TX

Has anyone that takes Devrom noticed that your stools are black and tarry? When I started taking Devrom my stools turned super black and as soon as I stopped taking it they went back to normal. I was just wondering if you stayed on the Devrom would your stools eventually turn back to normal color or stay black?

Don 1962
on 3/6/13 8:51 am

It's part of it.  At five years out, nearly, and fiance' seven or so years out our poor little dog's olfactory capacities have got to be severely compromised!  Some days it can be so bad I could run a hose up my ass and I could keep a cutting torch burning all day!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Mary Catherine
on 3/6/13 9:35 am
Bend over so your head is level with your knees and it will go away in a few seconds with no noise or smell
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics