Back on dry land and a horrible abusive situation in Nantucket

Mal
on 3/5/13 8:48 pm

Hi everyone.  Well, I had quite a journey of escape over the past weekend to get off of Nantucket island and away once and for all from my EX fiance.  What I thought was my soulmate was simply a man using a woman, demeaning her in every way, taking control of everything including holding all the debit cards, phones, finances, even my income tax return.  we went to nantucket to build a life together, so i thought, but it was really so he could get me islolated away from everyone and everything.  He even limited and monitored my computer usage and we 'shared' a cell phone that he never let me talk on.  The only horrible thing he didin't do to me wa**** me with his fists but mental, emotional, and verbal torture i think may be worse (my exhusband was the same way as this guy).  I am safe with a realtive now and today I start an intensive 5 day a week outpatient mental health program to help me get over this.  It is local and from 9-3 every day.  The healing starts now.  

I am back though and have a plan!!! I got laid off from my job in nantucket last monday and will be able to collect unemployment. I am taking this opportunity to go back to college (once I'm more stable) and begin my dream of becoming a nurse. I have a lot of old baggage that hasn't been completely worked out yet either, stemming back from being physically and verbally abused by an alcholic father and now its time to break the chain of abuse.  I have my two sister kitties that I took with me on the journey home.  

Please pray for me because I know this is not going to be easy.  I will emerge stronger and healthier than ever though its just going to take some time.

Mallisa

KatBee
on 3/5/13 8:59 pm

Hugs & prayers being sent to you as you begin you journey of healing.

OH2012
on 3/5/13 9:45 pm - OH

Praying for your health, safety and success!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/13 9:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
Oh my goodness!! Thank god you left, i know how hard it must have been to leave.... BUT you have to be a very strong woman to do this, i may not know you but i am very proud of you and wish you all the best with your treatment and your new life. Take care and enjoy your freedom!

Sue

cajungirl
on 3/5/13 9:54 pm

Mallisa, glad you got away from the situation.  Wishing you only the best (((((Mal)))))

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

artroxy blue
on 3/5/13 10:04 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Best of luck on your new ventures, and glad to hear you're taking care of yourself. 

karenp8
on 3/5/13 10:10 pm - Brighton, IL

Praying for you as you begin to heal. I'm glad you are out and getting the help you need to break thithisthis cycle. You are a beautiful compassionate strong woman and deserve so much better! Glad you got the kitties too. Stay strong!

MultiMom
on 3/5/13 11:18 pm - NH

I'm so sorry you have had to go through this Mal. It sounds like you are on the right path and getting the help that you need. I wish you all the best!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Linda K.
on 3/5/13 11:31 pm
RNY on 08/01/12

Sorry you had to go through this and glad you escaped.  One piece of advice from my therapist, you need therapy to recognize and work through your issues or will will choose the same sort of person again.  When you are done with your program continue seeing someone till you can truly recognize that personality.  Good luck and much success .

lyn

lyn

martitalinda
on 3/5/13 11:45 pm

((((((((((((((((((MALLISA))))))))))))))))) I am so glad that you are out of that bad situation .... MY BEAUTIFUL SISTA ... DO NOT GO BACK!!!.... keep on looking forward and take advantage of therapy and all else that is available to you... Love YOU first ... and please do not think I am preaching to you ... I speak from experience .... I was one of those who stayed a day too long and almost paid with my life... RUN! the future is yours ... you are young, strong and beautiful and would make an awesome Nightingale ... You will be in my thoughts and prayers .... Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk ... I am your sister on the journey..... CHIN UP ... keep your feet on solid ground and do not go back .... LOVE YA!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics