It's Thursday! What are you up to and what's on your plate?

Neen L.
on 3/7/13 4:13 am, edited 3/7/13 4:26 am - Arlington, VA

A late start is better than no start at all, right?

Happy Thursday all!

It is so sunny out today and there is not a spot of dampness left from yesterday's sleet. It's so weird. I can hardly believe that we were off of work yesterday due to the "snow." Today, I'm at the office for another hour and then heading home to get dinner started and to make cookies for my husband's colleagues. They have "cookie break" every Friday at 2pm, and apparently have been begging Joe to get me to make something. Aw, shucks.

I'm also sending out some letters to my representatives about the petition to get bariatrics and other obesity prevention services covered under the Affordable Care Act. Remember the immortal words of Joe Biden: Health reform is a big f****** deal!

Food today: Day - Coffee and water Evening - Some bolognese and broccoli, and then snacks will be eggs and 1 oz. wheat toast, a kashi protein bar, and maybe a test cookie.   Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

MyLady Heidi
on 3/7/13 4:16 am

You look so cute!  I am not eating today, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and took some muscle relaxers last night to sleep and I feel soooooooo sick today, my head is a mess.  I just want to go to bed and wake up without pain.

Neen L.
on 3/7/13 4:27 am - Arlington, VA

Aw, boo. The doctor gave me muscle relaxers because having a dislocated/broken tail bone is giving me back spasms, but I HATE taking them because they make me restless and nauseous. Ew.

Hope you feel better soon!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/7/13 5:13 am

Taking 1 or even 1/2 of generic Benadryl helps with the nausea  and helps me sleep.  "old" doc told me to do that for opiates (when I had to take them and they make me sick) The Benadryl helps with sleep so I only can take it at night or when I know that I can have a long nap..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 4:34 am
RNY on 04/18/12

I love the t-shirt.  True health care reform would be awesome.

B - Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup Fiber One original, two prunes

S - Decaf vanilla protein coffee

L - Small Wendy's chili (I forgot to bring a lunch today!)

S - Decaf vanilla protein coffee

D - Probably just a couple of RF string cheeses and an ounce of Beanitos chips.  If I'm still hungry after that, I might have a small salad with light Italian dressing.

Neen L.
on 3/7/13 4:58 am - Arlington, VA

Thanks! My husband and I each bought one when the White House's website was selling them after the ACA was passed.

Sounds like a balanced and delicious day you have going. Enjoy it. angry

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 8:35 am
RNY on 04/18/12

So, dinner was the RF string cheese, beanitos, 4 oz of natural applesauce and two prunes.  I think I'm just tired of salads.  I have been eating them almost every day for 4-5 months!

I tend to eat the same things for weeks and months on end until I tire of them.  :)

madeformore
on 3/7/13 5:55 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Thanks for starting this thread! I love reading it and posting on it! :)

Today was an eye doc appt, some volunteer work, then home with the 3 kiddos and my nephew. Soon, heading to support group (yeah! they just added another one so now I can go twice a month!) and then to a Moms Night Out with my moms group. We are going to Cherry Berry (frozen yogurt, you add your own toppings) so I am planning carefully so I can have a treat there.

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: 1/2 cookie from Panara

Lunch: leftover chop suey with 1/4 cup brown rice

Snack: reduced fat cheez its

Dinner: greek yogurt with strawberries (early)

Snack: Protein shake during support group

Snack: Cherry Berry no sugar added vanilla with a few toppings

**As I was typing what I've already eaten and what I plan to eat on here, I looked at my food journal and realized I was low on protein. So you guys helped me out today so I could adjust accordingly without screwing up my calories completely! Thanks!

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Missstacy
on 3/7/13 7:21 am
How far out where you able to eat cheez-it's or wheat thins?
OH2012
on 3/7/13 7:58 am - OH

Can I get your opinion on string cheese and if it would fall under the 'soft' category?

Thanks in advance!!

Prov. 3:5,6

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?