Laproscopic - DiVinci

Sarahakers11
on 3/8/13 12:47 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Anyone have surgery done with DiVinci.  I think I understand all the advantages but I thought I would ask. My surgeon is a Center of Excellence and does the RNY laparoscopic with and without DiVinci we are doing mine with.

Eva1230
on 3/8/13 1:06 am
From a medical stand point tht is awesome the machines are fascinating! I'm a nurse so all the technology today amazes me!
alaskasusan
on 3/8/13 3:21 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I was my surgeon's 10th Davinci.  I was so happy to hear that he was going to start doing it that I asked if he'd use that on me, though he hadn't offered it to his patients generally yet.  My niece was his 5th, a couple weeks before me.  I am so glad I had it - what I'd heard and found to be true is that due to the precision of the surgery, there is somewhat less manipulation therefore less pain at incisions (I have had little to no pain) plus less pain from the gas that you're filled with because they remove so much of it (no gas pains), plus best of all, just better all around surgical process.  I healed very well and was glad I had the opportunity when I didn't think I was going to just a month before the surgery!

Good luck to you!

Sarahakers11
on 3/8/13 3:23 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks these  are all things I had read in studies but wanted to hear a first hand account.  Thanks again!

jessdivine68
on 3/8/13 4:37 am - MI
RNY on 02/26/13

I had mine done with the DiVinci, my physician has done hundreds with this amazing machine. I had almost zero pain after the surgery, I never did use the pain button. I was up and walking the same night and home 2 days later, no pain, no complications. My surgery was on February 26, 2013 and I had my first post-op appointment today and I have lost 14 pounds so far. My incisions are nearly gone out of site.

I was not expecting to feel this good at this point. So I have to attribute most of this to his use of this machine for the procedure...

Good Luck on your surgery!!! kiss

Sarahakers11
on 3/8/13 4:43 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

THANKS

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views