6 month follow-up

artroxy blue
on 3/7/13 7:07 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Woo hoo! Everything is looking good. No more B1 for now, and I can cut back on the Vitamin D3. My iron was a little low, but MUCH higher than at my 3 month appointment. I've just resigned myself that I'm always going to be a little low in that area, so I'm not terribly surprised. I think I may start spacing the iron out during the day to see if that does anything. I doubt it, but we'll see if it works better for my body. 

poet_kelly
on 3/7/13 7:37 am - OH

Do you take vitamin C with your iron?  200 mg C for every 30 mg elemental iron is supposed to enhance absorption.  Also, there is a long list of things that can inhibit the absorption of iron.  Do you usually take it with food or with other meds or vitamins?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

artroxy blue
on 3/7/13 9:40 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Yes, I take it with Vitamin C. I don't usually take it with food, so maybe I'll try that when I have something without dairy in it, like apples and almond butter. 

It's also difficult for my iron to go up because my platelets are smaller than average. I guess not small enough to diagnose me with thalessemia, though. And, I don't have Sickle Cell anemia (and I'm not a carrier for it), which would also alter my platelets. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics