Anyone have surgery in Oct 2013/Nov 2013?

charjames
on 3/13/13 4:14 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Was wondering how everyone was doing.  I had mine 10/30 - day before Halloween.  How are you handling your new journey & what are you eating now that you've been on solids awhile & time to maintain a routine.

charjames
on 3/13/13 4:16 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

OOPS! obviously meant 2012. lol  Feels like a Monday :P

dacia57
on 3/13/13 4:26 am

I had mine on 10/22. I am doing well now. Had a couple of complications along the way, but feel like I am back to normal minus 75 lbs.  I am eating almost everything allowed on my post op list. I have had trouble eating steak, so I dont try to eat it anymore. Just getting use to my new size. I still go right to the racks with size 22-24 rather than size 14. 

Clairpooh
on 3/13/13 4:35 am - Glen Burnie, MD
RNY on 10/01/12 with

I had my  surgery on Oct 1, 2012..... Its getting better each day.. However MOST carbs still get stuck, so i stay away. Right now the scale is not moving :( so I am a bit depressed. I would love to lose another 50 pounds. Beans work best for me, however my doctor wants me to eat more solid foods. 

charjames
on 3/13/13 5:59 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Dacia- sorry you had some complications but glad you are better!  I do the same thing when I go out- can't wrap my brain around the fact that I'm not a 24 anymore!  I'm between 16 & 14.  I can't believe I'll be out of PLUS sizes soon.That has happened since loike 9th grade!!!!

Clair- hang in there!  I'm the same way with steak & pork- I dont get SICK but it sits in my stomach like a brick.  Beans are good but maybe try to add some chicken.  I've been making a fiesta soup (weigh****chers recipe from when i did hat years ago) and it's really yummy.  google it if you get the chance - that will ease you into chicken without totally giving up the beans :)  Also- do you like shrimp?  it's high in protein, low in fat & calories.  and easy to cook.  I've even had the gortons grilled garlic flavored shrimp.  just pop in the oven or microwave.

Would love to keep in touch with you gals if you'd like :)

kisersassy
on 3/13/13 1:20 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
Had surgery 10/29/2012 down 80 pounds from highest weight. 11 of those pounds was lost week before surgery. I feel hungry all the time. I don't have a full feeling unless I over ate. I don't dump per say but I have had a couple episodes of something who knows. But I haven't tried steak or pork yet besides sausage and Ham.
LouLouAmbrosia
on 3/13/13 1:58 pm - OH
I had surgery on Halloween! Always loved Halloween and now even more. I lost 30 pre-op and 70 since surgery o I'm at 100 lost total. Very happy! I still do 1-2 shakes per day to get my protein count up. I'm using myfitnesspal regularly for the la 10 days. My protein is averaging 85 a day at this time. I eat Greek yogurt, cheese, eggs, and ground beef (made for stuffed peppers, meatloaf, tacos without the shell and sloppy joes without the bun) most often. I sometimes have grilled chicken but it is very filling for me and usually hurts so I try to keep it at a minimum right now. I crave steak in my head but I don't think I am ready to try it yet. I also love chili :) I'd love to keep in touch with any of you! Feel free to friend me on here or on MFP, username StaceyLeeLou

Height:  5' 2"      HW: 322 (7/31/12)     SW: 292 (10/31/12)     Current:  220 (3/20/13)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140

Lessoflinda
on 3/13/13 2:48 pm - NY
Hi, I had surgery on 11/5...Down 59#. Able to eat most things. Right now I' m struggling with some nightime snacking... otherwise doing well. Going to the gym usually 4 times a week.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

shrinkingit
on 3/13/13 4:10 pm
RNY on 11/13/12
I am surgery on November 13th. I am down 57 pounds now. I have hit a stall, but I know it will soon pass. I have not had ANY problems at all since the surgery.

I eat a lot of chicken, beans, ground beef, eggs, fi****ry to come up with new ideas when I can, but I am not that creative. However tonight I did make a stuffed acorn squash with sausage, quinoa, peppers...it was ok, not great..

Cathy H

aka Shrinkingit- slowly but surelyheart

montana28
on 3/13/13 8:30 pm - FL

10/26 Surgery. Down 75 lbs. I try to stay away from breads as they get stuck. Been trying low carb, gluten-free foods-lot of good recipes!

Jules
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?