Hair loss in eyebrows! (help)

keke0514
on 3/14/13 11:47 pm - MN

I'm  5 months out today and my eyebrows are thinning.  I never even thought about hair loss there.  I get them wax every 6 weeks or so but I won't need to do that anymore!  Can some one assist me in what to use to fill them in and look natural not drawn on.

I had to laugh because one is almost half it's length................

sassygurl
on 3/15/13 1:26 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada

I had to let my eyebrows grow in after they'd been plucked thinly by a well meaning esthetician. To assist with this process it was suggested to me to use the product that you use on eyelashes to make them grow thicker and longer. I used it daily on my eyebrows and it made a noticeable difference. There are a number of them on the market and they are bit spendy, but I do feel that it worked. While they were growing in, I used a MAC eyebrow pencil (self propelling, self sharpening) to shadow in where I needed some coverage. It didn't look half bad.

I think my eyebrows thinned out as well as a result of the surgery. Good luck with this!

Denise

Jilly Bean
on 3/15/13 1:30 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

What product did you use to help them grow?

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

sassygurl
on 3/15/13 1:41 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada

I used Nutraluxe Lash Enhancer. I did not use the MD version.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.nutraluxe.net/store/products/nutraluxe-lash-md-s- original-natural-lash-enhancer

artroxy blue
on 3/15/13 1:37 am, edited 3/15/13 1:37 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Use brow powder and an angled brow bru**** looks much more natural than penciling them in. You can go to Sephora or your favorite make-up counter/store and pick up these items. My favorite place is MAC, but I am also a big fan of Sephora, too. Sephora carries Anastasia, which is by a well-known "brow expert". She has pretty good kits available there. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/15/13 2:33 am

That is one of a sign of thyroid issue. Hypo - next time yu see a doc - make sure they check your thyroid levels.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

keke0514
on 3/15/13 3:04 am - MN

Thanks everyone!   I will look into those products.  Maybe go to MAC counter so they can show me proper way to shadow/draw in eyebrows (I don't want to look like a clown).  I have my 6 month check up next month with labs I'll ask about thyroid.  

Thanks again,

Keke

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/15/13 3:29 am

You can also use a brow pencil. Make sure you use very short strokes, so the pencil looks more like hair rather than the 'Oh gee' dramatic arches popular in the '30s.

Staff at Sephora or Ulta will be able to give you some practical application tips.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views