Please someone help

aweis
on 3/15/13 11:57 pm

I had my 2 week post op yesterday. Cried to the surgeon asked him if he would reverse the surgery he told me to give it a month or two. I feel so alone,depressed, I feel as if I am suffocating. I realize this wasn't for me. Has anyone had it reversed?

Miamos
on 3/16/13 12:11 am - OH
Oh don't panic it is okay. I had a panic attack before surgery, the first week I was just out of it the second week I panicked again, right now it is hard, you cannot eat, your tired , and you feel like crap. It is easy to panic, but as the weeks go on and you can eat a little more and you will feel better. Every one on here would see it gets better with time and i thought yea right. Well I am here to tell you it does! At a month out I felt little more like normal, at 4 1/2 months I feel great more engery then I ever had, body does hurt any more, sleep better. Oh and now that people notice the weight loss it is just fun. I am proud of my self not depressed any more and I find it a challenge to push myself and body to do things I never thought I could do! Yes you are in misery now we all there ! Your future is bright and focus on that, you can do it!!
aweis
on 3/16/13 7:23 am

Thank you for trying to comfort me. This is not what I want .I feel as if I really didn't try to loose weight before the surgery.

ebtiger24
on 3/16/13 12:12 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I doubt many on here can give you advice on a revision, but if you are having problems, we might can offer some solutions and support to help you accept the new you.  I am one that would never tell anybody what they need to with their body.  It's certainly your decision, but like your surgeon suggested, time may give you a different perspective 2 months from now.

Please share some of your issues and maybe we can help.  Also do not be afraid to seek counseling for some of your issues.  I have been there and done that with the antidepressants to prove it.  

I hope everything works out for you.

Sara O.
on 3/16/13 12:15 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

You are only 2 weeks out and currently at the worst part of your journey. The first month or two sucks and you're probably in pain, but after that it gets better. I am a year postop and have never been happier. A lot of people early out think they made a mistake but once the pain is gone and they're able to eat regular foods they realize it was the best choice they ever made. I know it was for me. Just take it easy, follow your surgeon's plan, and be patient. It takes time to get used to, but its for the best. Before you know it you'll be eating solids and buying smaller clothes. Just give it some time. If necessary ask your doctor about anti-depressants and possibly seeing a therapist. A lot of people seek therapy postop. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

aweis
on 3/16/13 7:25 am

thank you for trying to help but deep down inside I dont want this surgery

pjb42659
on 3/16/13 12:32 am - OH

I think we all felt this way at some point and many points.  the first weeks are HARD.  You do feel isolated, tired, hungry, cranky, bored with the same shakes etc.  It helped me to get out and walk a little.  outside if it was nice or in a mall on bad weather days.  The progression in diet seems to take forever.  My surgeon is very conservative, so it was 8 weeks before I could attempt a "regular" diet.  I am 5 months out now and lost 62 pounds.  I feel so much better.  the surgery pains are long gone, and it is so much easier to move and more comfortable to sit with my legs crossed!  I still have days when I am down about what I did.  Some days I feel like I will never feel like a :normal" person who can go out to eat "normal" food.  But when I look back on how far i have come in 5 months I realize that things are getting better every day.  There are things I can eat now that I couldnt just 4 weeks ago.  My progress may be a little slow but I am progressing.  My husband asked me last week if I was glad I had the surgery, and I really cant say yes or no.  Yes, I am thrilled with the loss and the new clothes I can buy in regular stores.  But I was such a sweets person, loved to bake, and the thought of not enjoying a birthday cake ever again in hard for me.   I guess what I am saying is please dont get discouraged,  give it some time.  It will get easier and you will feel better.  I promise.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/16/13 1:18 am
RNY on 01/10/12

I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE it gets better. 

Do you have a psychiatrist? Maybe you could get some anti-depressant and/or anti-anxiety meds? I have depression and frequent anxiety attacks, and if it wasn't for Prozac, Wellbutrin, and the occasional Ativan I'd be a basket case.

Very soon you'll be eating normal food and feeling better. I PROMISE.

Another suggestion: find something to distract yourself. Funny TV shows. A lightweight, fun book (or a heavier book if that will distract you better.) Knitting. Something to keep your mind busy.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/16/13 1:23 am
RNY on 01/10/12

I see we live near each other. I just sent you a PM with my phone number. Call me if you want some in-person support!

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

aweis
on 3/16/13 7:26 am

Thank you so much for your number I like in Pasadena the surgeon is in Catonsville I had it done at St. Agnes.
my name is Amy and I will be calling you. Thank you for reaching out to me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404