Advice Needed -- Please Help

xplorer001
on 3/18/13 7:20 am - Lakewood, CO
RNY on 02/26/13

I had my surgery Feb 26 and have been having a hard time getting in my proteins and liquids. I ended up having to go in for IVs week 2 and am afraid I may have to go in again soon.   I also can't seem to make myself eat. Getting worried. 

Anyone have any tricks or advice on how to get in my liquids, proteins, and food?  I need help desperately!

angeleigh
on 3/18/13 7:28 am, edited 3/18/13 7:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

warm liquids are easier to get down. For the protein are you doing shakes at all? if you did 2 shakes a day that have 30 grams of protein and are made with 10-12 ozs of water then thats a good start.

What stage of food are you on? By 3 weeks out I was eating a lot of chili from wendy's. refried beans with cheese, eggs, and ricotta cheese with speg sauce.

I had to set an alarm on my phone for times for me to eat, since i would forget. I set the first one for 630 for my protein shake, then one for 930 for a small protein snack, then 12 for lunch, 3 for snack and 6 dinner. Sometimes I will do another shake around 8 if I dont get enough protein. Its just a habit you have to get used to.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Mrs_Stimpy
on 3/18/13 8:58 am
RNY on 12/20/12

I had my surgery on December 20, and sometimes I still have trouble getting protein in, but liquids are not a problem because I can always 'eat' a sugar-free popsicle.  The popsicles add fluid and they taste so good - even if I can't eat food, I can eat one of those.  I also like the sugar-free Carnation chocolate instant breakfast.  I sure wish you the best of luck!

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

jenarm
on 3/18/13 10:12 am - VA

I am right there with ya! Had my surgery the 24th. I'm getting better with fluids, but the protein is a battle. I am averaging more like 30 grams per day, but i am going to make an effort to get protein drinks in this week. My doc said to mainly focus on the liquids... That's the biggest thing the first month. It's hard because everything tastes weird! Feel free to private message me if you are looking for someone to commiserate with.  ;)

Set for surgery 2/25

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 285 views