bloodwork - iron

melissa22886
on 3/19/13 4:55 am

I thought my bloodwork would certainly be worse that I had been very bad with my vitamins for 8-9 months. So far what has come back of it has been listed as normal. But my Ferritin, to me is the low end of normal.

FERRITIN - 22   RANGE: 18-400

So I know that is low, my Iron is 113 (normal between 17-164) my MCHC is low, but it always has been ever since I was very young. Its 31.6 and normal is between 33 and 35.4.  My question to those who are vitamin savvy, what would I need to take to get my ferritin up? I will be starting 60mg of carbonyl iron from vitalady. Any other suggestions?

poet_kelly
on 3/19/13 5:34 am - OH

I think hers comes with vitamin C (for 60 mg iron, you need 400 mg C) but if not, take it with C to increase absorption.   Make sure you take it at least two hours away from calcium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

melissa22886
on 3/19/13 5:37 am
Thank you. And once per day?

poet_kelly
on 3/19/13 5:46 am - OH
On March 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM Pacific Time, melissa22886 wrote:
Thank you. And once per day?

Yep.

Carbonyl iron doesn't usually cause any stomach upset, but if it does, taking it at bedtime often helps.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

melissa22886
on 3/19/13 5:57 am
Thanks Kelly

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views