Waiting Game

Melissa Nicely
on 3/20/13 8:02 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

My paperwork for my insurance goes in tomorrow. They said it could take up to 4 weeks to hear back from the insurance company to see if I am approved or not. I can't wait, it's taken me over 9 months to get to this point. The good part is once I am approved it will only take a week or so for my surgeon to fit me in.

Sassyflamingo
on 3/20/13 8:40 am
RNY on 06/14/12

I hope everything works out for you! Good luck:)

chickenoregg
on 3/20/13 9:00 am - Portland, OR
RNY on 02/26/13
Waiting is hard! Take the time to get your vitamins ready, maybe sample some protein powders... Though tastes change often after surgery.

Practice separating eating from drinking. Get off caffeine (if you drink it).

Get a couple books, get some recipes together.

It's gonna suck for a while after surgery, so maybe go do something fun now

Surgery (RNY) scheduled for Feb 26, 2013

Melissa Nicely
on 3/20/13 12:40 pm - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I have gotten off all forms of caffeine, gave up 99% of my sweet stuff, been on 1 to 2 protein drinks since the first of December, I have my measuring spoons and cups, small containers to separate out meals, got a membership at a local gym, take Zumba 3-4 times a week. I have tried to get everything as lined up as I can for all of this and show them that I am serious about this surgery and not taking it easy. I have went from a 5xl to a 3xl in clothes just on the pre-op diet I have been on. I bought my calcium pills last week when CVS had BOGO on them. I do still have to pick my multivitamins from the Dr office but I will do that when I go there at the first of the month unless someone can recommend something CVS carries that I could use.  

Souperwoman
on 3/20/13 3:21 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

Yay Melissa!! So excited for you!

I found that I hated all the chewables so i get my calcium in the form of Citracal petites (8 a day over 3 intervals).  For my multi, I switched to CVS Daily multiple for women (I take 2 rather than 1 per day).  I boost that with an additional iron and biotin supplement, also purchased at CVS.  So far, all my levels have been great but of course I'll keep getting em checked out.

Congrats on keeping up with the Zumba. Exercise has been my downfall for sure.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/13 10:59 pm

I am also in the waiting process. I was also told that it could take 3-4 weeks. But I have also heard it can be approved within 24 hours. I am very anxious.

Good luck!

addict05
on 3/21/13 1:16 am - IL

Congrats you have done Great! I gained weight on my pre op diet.  You should be very proud of yourself!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 159 views
Recent Topics