Incision....

Pittsteelers
on 3/24/13 11:40 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
My incision on my lower abdomen, left side if red and hard. I am 7 1/2 months post op so infection has to be out of the question. This incision had an infection shortly after my surgery. Could it just be scar tissue build up? A hernia? It is very dark in color where the cut is and red around it. Thanks for any help.

Rita180
on 3/25/13 1:00 am - colorado springs, CO

I would sugest that you go see your Doctor that does not sound good. I don't want to scare you but please get it checked out better safe then sorry. please let us know what happened best of luck to you I will be thinking of you.

Marita          laugh

Purplevirgo
on 3/25/13 3:47 am - NM
RNY on 05/08/12

This is strange that you post this....I also have the same problem! I was even taking pictures of it this morning.  I saw my primary doctor about it since my surgeon is a couple hundred miles away.  He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic as well as a topical cream.  It helped the first week or so but then it seem sto have reappeared. It even burst open during one of my hot showers and bled a bit.  It has been about 3 weeks now since I have done that so I have decided to just see my doctor again.  I'm awaiting a reply from my surgeons office in the meanwhile..  Let me know what you find out ! ( I am 10 months post op) 

Pittsteelers
on 3/25/13 11:33 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Oh wow!!! I talked to my mom and she had the same problem with an incision from her Mastectomy. She said she had a stitch that didn't dissolve and after it got infected 3 times it finally worked its way out enough for them to pull it out. I hope you finally get your situation resolved too!!!!

Purplevirgo
on 3/26/13 7:14 am - NM
RNY on 05/08/12

OH wow.....I think I had better keep my doc appointment...lol.  I was going to cancel because it wasnt so red and swollen today.  I just think its odd how it on occasion bleeds--then goes back to looking like a normal incision trying to heal. Weird.

Pittsteelers
on 3/26/13 8:40 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
The doc is sending me to the surgery center and is going to clean it really good and take a culture of it. He believes it could be from the way my skin hangs and rubs against my underwear. I will learn more after the little " surgery". You could tell he was confused as to why it was infected again. Please keep your app't. And let me know how you make out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 214 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics