STUCK STUCK STUCK

whitetigress2011
on 3/22/13 5:57 pm - CA

I have been flopping around between 257 and 260 for a month now and its driving me mad. lol Can anyone give me ideas to kickstart my weight loss again. I have done exceptionally well so far I am just over 5mos out and down 119/121 lbs.. Just want to get kicked back up lol.... hope everyone is doing well in their journey.

dahoodman
on 3/22/13 7:09 pm, edited 3/22/13 7:12 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Solely based on what I have been reading on this site with regards to "stalls" since I have not had surgery yet...

Your body, since losing that much weight (nice job by the way), is likely in a bit of a recovery mode and will begin to start losing weight again as long as you are sticking to the program. Some people go 1, 2, 3, and even 4+ weeks on their stalls.

That being said, check your diet. Make sure you are getting what your plan/surgeon calls for. Mine says 3 meals a day that last no longer than 20-30 minutes. At first I can have 2 protein shakes, 1 between each meal. Each meal should be about 5 hours apart. Do not drink 30 minutes before or after a meal. These are essentially MY basics. Yours may be the same or similar, but make sure you are doing YOUR basics and not trying to introduce "bad" foods. Eat your proteins first, veggies second, and then fruits. DON'T FORGET YOUR VITAMINS TOO!!

If you are currently following your diet that your surgeon or NUT gave you then you simply just need to wait it out. That's much easier said than done I'm sure. I will be at your frustration point soon and I will have to eat my own words and like it. Best of luck to you!!!

Oh and don't forget, you are averaging 20lbs per month. That's pretty damn good. When I read the forums and I see someone around 12 months out, the average is somewhere around 10lbs per month. Usually the loss is huge in the first few months and the slows.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

JaneJetson60
on 3/23/13 3:28 am
RNY on 05/07/12

No each meal should not be five hours apart.  Your program may dictate that  but mine and others eat small meals 5 and 6 times a day.  My surgeon wants us eating every couple of hours.  Keeps blood sugars stable and staves off hunger.  Also I drink right up to eating, and then wait 20 minutes to drink again.  All plans are different.  Same thing with fruits.  Lots of sugar in them so not all people will eat fruit.  I always tell people though to follow their surgeons program and if your says 5 hours a part on meals then that is what YOU need to do.  Jane

Debbie C.
on 3/22/13 10:54 pm - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12

I had a stall around 4 months, I started exercising more, and drinking more water, and it seemed to get things moving again. Your weight loss is great!!!

Huwa1927
on 3/22/13 11:33 pm - NY

Here is my experience with the stalls....  I call myself a "chunk loser".   I loose 7~10 pounds at a time then i stay at the same weight for about 2 weeks. I am 2 months post op and have stalls, but reading the forum, its seems to be normal.  Keep up the good work!!

scarlettbegonias
on 3/22/13 11:44 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

WOW that's an exceptional loss!! I'm roughly 5 months out but have only lost about half that- I would hazard a guess your body seriously needs a break to catch up with itself! Have you lost consistently this whole time? I have lost in chunks and not lost at points for up to 3.5 weeks, if you've gone this whole time without your body having a little breather then I'd say that's what this is- just go with it, stay on track with your food and excercise and when your body has caught up you'll start losing again.

congrats on such an amazing loss I'm sure you're feeling awesome because of it.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

whitetigress2011
on 3/23/13 7:35 am - CA

thank you everyone. I know my wl isnt finished and i have had others tell me the same that its probably my body trying to catch up with the loss thus far. I will be increasing my work outs starting today. I have only had 1 other stall and it laste for just 2wks. I am very happy and amazed at the weightloss I have had. Makes me feel accomplished.

SarahLee1969
on 3/23/13 8:51 am - NY
I am about 7 months out and my most recent stall lasted almost 6 weeks. No change in diet or exercise or fluid intake... when my body is ready it looses! I flip flopped around 201-203 for well over a month.In that time my tight 16's were getting loose and looser. I am ALMOST into 14's and this week I lost 4 #!
Again... I haven't done a thing different...
3 meals and 1 snack a day. 70+ oz of calorie free beverages. Exercise 3x per week for 30-50 minutes at a moderate pace.
My advice is to stick with your program and try to be patient with your body.You will get there
SarahLee1969
on 3/23/13 8:52 am - NY
Oh, yeah... I made it yo Onderland! 196 this am
whitetigress2011
on 3/23/13 5:11 pm - CA

Thank you Sarah. I am hoping it picks back up soon, but I will stick to my plan that me and my nut discussed.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?