Optifast diet for two weeks UGHHHHHHHHH

Cary R.
on 3/26/13 7:08 am - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 04/09/13

Ugh! Day 1 today.. how the heck am i going to get through this? 

I'm falling asleep, upset stomach (the D), peeing every 20 min and I'm only on day 1!!!!!!!

In addition, my doctor is making me lose 16 pds BEFORE the surgery to ensure that I didn't "cheat" 

Any suggestions to make this go smoother??

Needed to vent!

5"1  Follow my weightloss journey! www.thenewcary.wordpress.com   

scrappinmelissa
on 3/26/13 7:23 am - WI

My husband and I did the Optifast diet because we had to participate in a Dr. supervised diet program for 6 months prior to seeing a surgeon.  We started last September.  I will say the Optifast wasn't easy but the upset stomach will get better.  I also got headaches so beware of them.  Just remember it's only 14 days of a life that will be so much longer when your body is thinner and healthier.  YOU CAN DO IT! 

madeformore
on 3/26/13 7:46 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

You can do it! Just focus on the goal!! And 2 weeks of this, that 16 lbs should be no problem. Remember, you'll be able to eat again - this isn't forever. Its just a small step on a long journey toward a healthier you. Hang in there!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Guera84
on 3/26/13 8:30 am - CA

You so got this girl! I am not on the same shakes and I too have upset stomach and spend most my day in bathroom. But it till be worth it in the end!!! =)

Follow my journey @ http://brievasquez.blogspot.com    

HW: 260 / SW: 255.6 / CW:169 / GW: 120 / RNY 4/8/13  

finaly4me79
on 3/26/13 8:40 am

Mix with SF syrups and flavored extracts. If you put vanilla extract in the vanilla optifast it will taste so much better. Then add some banana or orange extract, It will make it taste like creamsical, Yummy. You can also add decaf coffee to get your morning coffee fix in. I have been on optifast for 6 days out of 14 and at first it was so nasty and I thought OMG how can I do this. But it will get better. I have lost a pound a day since I started. Good luckbroken heart

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

nicki763
on 3/26/13 10:20 am - NC
change your attitude is the only way I am getting through it I stop thinking DREAD, DREAD and just remember it will end and then on to the next fight. If I can do this anyone can

nicki763
on 3/26/13 10:49 am - NC

You can do this ! You can smiley

juliehawknz
on 3/26/13 12:37 pm - WI

I'm not on optifast but I am on day 2 of 14 of atkins shakes, no food other than sf jello, sf popsicles, and broth.  Keep busy, that's what I've found helps, and don'****ch TV...food commercials like crazy, stuff I never paid attention to before, oh and avoid pinterest, holy man are there the dessert recipes pinned there...hahaha.  My house is pretty darn clean now...lol!!!  Hang in there we can do this, we can do anything for 14 days and the best is yet to come!!  :)

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step."

My blog:  http://doingitfortheshoes.blogspot.com/

Pookah
on 3/26/13 12:59 pm - Dallas, TX

I'm not there yet, so I may not have the best advice, but try to keep yourself busy and distracted.

Cary R.
on 3/27/13 4:19 am - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 04/09/13

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely take them!!! 

To all who are doing it with me may the force be with u!!

5"1  Follow my weightloss journey! www.thenewcary.wordpress.com   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 273 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views