Doc app't for infected incision after 7 months/ low blood pressure

Pittsteelers
on 3/26/13 3:33 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
This is the second time since my surgery in August that my incision has been infected. Lower, left abdomen. The doctor cleaned it out and wants to explore it more. His office has to call me with a date for a simple procedure at the surgery center. He said just to really clean it out and get a culture and see what's going on. He said its unlikely its a stitch, but could be an ingrown hair but unlikely. He believes it may be from my skin hanging and rubbing on my underware and just not healing properly.
And while I was there they took my blood pressure and it was 92/51. I do normally run low, but never seen it that low. I told him I'm tired and I do get dizzy and lightheaded when I stand up. I have scheduled bloodwork next week and he will check me for anemia.

stanggirl89
on 3/27/13 12:36 am - DE

sorry to hear about your infected incision. But im curious to know what there doing to help with your low blood pressure. I have low blood pressure and I got very light headed like i am about to pass out when i stand up as well which leads into a headache. I just had a heart monitor for 24 hrs on friday put on and yesterday i had a echo done. The cardiologist says to take in more salt.

I hate not having energy  and i hate having headaches. My blood work came back fine my iron level was perfect.

Please let me know what they do for you.
Ash

(I am 10.5 months post op and lost 157 pounds)

May 16, 2012

HW:345 SW:329 GW:200(Jan 30,2013) 

Pittsteelers
on 3/27/13 4:23 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I normally do run low but that was the lowest it's ever been. He wants me to monitor it for a few weeks till my next app't and he is checking me anemia. I am also very tired and nap almost every day. He said eventually it should stabilize, with the drastic weight loss it happens. Hopefully it does!!!! And soon.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 426 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 376 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 227 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics