What are your NUTS guidelines for fat, sodium, carbs etc.

MichelleNC
on 3/25/13 11:42 pm

I am curious what you max out on daily as per your NUT.

carbs

fat

sodium

protein

I feel like I find good options for food but the sodium is so high. S I am curious what your nut says. I have a meeting with mine for a follow up before I start solids in 2 weeks. But my little planner mind wants to go in with ideas to go over with her on my choices. I am so scared to screw this up. 

Thanks

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

chulbert
on 3/26/13 12:17 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

My NUT doesn't have a position on sodium; it's not a nutrient with which they are concerned.

They also don't really approach our diet from the point of view of grams, except for protein, where they require 60g daily.  They present the plan in terms of meal composition: 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 starch, 1/2 vegetable.  Added fats should be limited to a tablespoon or two per day.

MichelleNC
on 3/26/13 12:27 am

Yea see mine didn't say much about sodium either and I found when I had regular cup of soup not low fat or low sodium my weight didn't drop as much as the day I didn't have it. So sodium was really bothering me in my head.

Thank you for your reply!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/26/13 12:39 am - OH

The only thing I was told to count/track was protein (and that is all I have ever paid attention to).  My surgeon's rule was protein first at every meal and that didn't leave much room for anything else and automatically limited fat and carbs. She also knew that constantly counting food contents was remaining in a "diet" mentality rather than adopting a new, healthy eating lifestyle.

Her guideline was a minimum of 60g of protein, but 70 was preferred.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

selhard
on 3/26/13 9:49 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here's what I was told:  Dense proteins first (at least 65 grams per day), vegetables, and occasional fruit.  Drink 64 oz. water per day.  That's it.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 535 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 132 views
Recent Topics