29 Hours Post-Op

dahoodman
on 3/27/13 7:36 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Well I'm 29 hours post-op and although feeling pretty good, I have run into a few snags. First there was the double caths because I couldn't get myself to go normally. That was okay, but I bet without pain meds things would be different. My stomach is fairly swollen with gas and a little distension so there's a little extra pain. Also my blood pressure was getting low because I lost some blood during surgery. I had my gallbladder removed at the same time. Because of this I have needed some blood transfusions. It's really not the bad, it's just a lot more resting with waiting for Blood to come in. Also because of the extra pain meds and stuff I still have not been on any type of food. I don't mind that a lot but it would be nice to have flavored water.

all in all I am doing good and I'm still very glad I made this decision. I am more so putting these things down in OH so that others can know what types of things they can expect and not everything that does go on not as planned is NOT a crisis. For those that are coming up on their dates I wish the best for you all and smoothe sailing!!

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

whitetigress2011
on 3/27/13 8:03 am - CA

Glad your doing for the most part good, it gets easier as the days go by. Welcome to the losrs bench. This was the best decision of my life. I had surgery 10/12/12 and down 120lbs.. :)

Kelly M.
on 3/27/13 9:36 am - TX

Good to hear from you ,hang in their!

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

bbearsmama
on 3/27/13 11:48 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Good to hear from you!

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

TomN
on 3/27/13 12:50 pm
RNY on 12/27/12 with
You are a trooper...are dealing with things very well and have a very positive outloo****ep that up... You are most definitely on your way to meeting your goals.

LadyLilMax
on 3/28/13 2:09 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Yeah, Paul!  Glad you are doing so well.  Keep posting so we know what is going on and cuz selfishly, I love to read your blogs, posts!

Sounds like you are really doing great though.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views