ladies (tmi)

whitetigress2011
on 3/27/13 9:09 am - CA

Since surgery are your periods different? Mine used to last 7 to 9 days and the pain was horrific. Now it lasts 3 days heavy and occasional spotting 2 days or so. Also I hate the water weight I can and should learn to not touch a scale during this time. :( Sorry for my rant

campingmama
on 3/27/13 9:53 am - IN

I had not had a period for 6 months and got mine about 18 days out. It's very light, and I'm now on day 8 and it's just enough to be annoying.

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

rissa1224
on 3/27/13 10:01 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Rant away =) I do!!

When was your surgery? It takes a few months for your period to get back to normal. When I had my VSG on 12/5, I got my period a few days after, it was lite but annoying while still trying to recover. Then it went away, came back a few weeks later, then it didnt come back for over a month, almost 2 months. I was worried! It was slowly getting back to normal then I just had my gallbladder out last week, and I have my period AGAIN, early. Like 2 weeks early. It's normal for your body to be out of wack! I would give it another month or 2, then question your dr if you feel nervous about it. 

whitetigress2011
on 3/27/13 11:26 am - CA

I had my surgery on 10/12/12 so I am just over 5mos out.. i like it being just 3 days now, hope it stays that way lol

stac.1life2live
on 3/27/13 1:36 pm - NJ
RNY on 03/05/13 with

Mine is awful! I just had my surgery on 3/5/13. Prior to surgery I had not had a period since 5/2012. Well Sunday that changed. My period has been ridiculously heavy and the cramps have been almost unbearable. I have basically been laying in bed since Sunday because of it. I guess I shouldn't be so frustrated... A large reason I decided to do the surgery was because of fertility issues, and this indicates my body is finally getting back on track, but sheesh!

"Life is what you make it..."

Kaoz789
on 3/27/13 11:08 pm

Mine was the opposite. Now it runs over 7 days and is light. Look, you're having a lot of estrogen dump into your body from your fat cells breaking down. Periods, facial hair, mood swings, depression, hyper sexuality, hyper fertility, ad nauseum all these things can be affected or caused by that.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 459 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics