6mths.....my defining moment

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 3/28/13 12:24 am
RNY on 09/17/12

Seaworld is AWESOME.  I highly recommend doing the dolphin experience thing where you get to go in before the park opens and feed the dolphins and tour the whole thing...then you get lunch with Shamu and great seats for the show!  I know you must be so excited. I hope you have fun!  I haven't done Schlitterbahn but it's on my list :)

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Poppygail
on 3/28/13 12:17 am - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

This post is absolutely awesome! Congratulations and Thank You! angry

Lynn W.
on 3/28/13 12:22 am
RNY on 02/25/13

This post is so encouraging to me...my entire family is going on vacation for a large family reunion to Gatlinburg at the end of June and I will at that time be 5 months post op...Even at 1 month post op, i feel teriffic, and can't wait to run all over the place with my kids and nephews!!! 

Then, for Christmas this year, we are taking a trip to Walt Disney World!  I am STOKED!  Last time we went was 2009, and I was miserable the entire trip...while I could ride most everything, the walking about KILLED me...and I had to stop and rest all the time like all of you have commented. 

I'm already reaping the benefits of this new lifestyle, and I love it so much...I never plan to give up!

Blessings to you all!!!

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 3/28/13 12:27 am
RNY on 09/17/12

By the time you go, you should be able to conquer the world!!!  I have never been to Disney because I feared all of the walking and possibly not being able to ride, but my daughter wants to go SOOOO bad and we're thinking maybe next year.  Keep up the good work!!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Kim S.
on 3/28/13 12:57 am - Helena, AL

Might that be the Laurel Falls trail?  I love the Smokys and my husband and I go a few times a year and have for many years. 

Each of us had that "moment" where we said enough and we will always remember it.  I'm so glad you are enjoying life!  You may have to make some sacrifices, but these are minimal compared to the sacrifices you made when you were hindered by obesity.

Keep on enjoying life!

martitalinda
on 3/28/13 12:59 am

Awesome and inspirational thread.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! what a powerful message you are paying forward here ... I wish you nothing but the best on your continued journey ... it gets better and better ... I totally agree with you.. I for one to not mind the trade up in exchange for quality of life with myself and my family ... it is a total WIN! .... again CONGRATS!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Dcsavvy
on 3/28/13 1:05 am
RNY on 07/19/12

Bravo to you and all us who made the same decision ~ "No more"!

Height: 5'3"; HW 298; SW 279.5; CW 186 GW 160

~  Deb

Lori F.
on 3/28/13 1:31 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

This is an amazing post!  I am so happy you are able to ENJOY what you want to do now!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

thynnlynn
on 3/28/13 2:29 am - MI

I was going to say something about Laurel Falls ~ my favorite spot in the world.  I played in the different levels of those falls all throughout my childhood, catching and releasing little salamders and frogs.  Such a beautiful and peaceful place.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Tt165
on 3/28/13 3:17 am - West Terre Haute, IN

Thank you for sharing a poignant moment in your journey. 

Walk on, girl, Walk On:)) 

Carpe Diem:)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 346 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 474 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 391 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?