Surgery in a month good and bad days thinking about it need help

Kristenselfs
on 3/29/13 12:16 am - PA

Up until I got my surgery date of May 7th, I was all gun ho, went through 6 months of classes, tests, and went bac and forth with I will, I won't. 

Then for about the last 2 months, I was firm, don't have any support other than my hubby and adult chidren, all so called long time friends always say, don't do it.  The day I got my surgery day I was so happy, now it seems everything I eat it is a reminder of what I am going to do, can't eat pizza etc.  I am not going to change my mind, but did this happen to you?  In the begining I was soooo scared, as I went to my classes, met with those who have had it done, read of this amazing site, things calmed down for me, I know I won't regret it, but so clase it is bring insecurities back, did any of you go through thid?

MrsLitch
on 3/29/13 12:27 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I think many of us have gone through the questioning it before hand some of us go through it afterwards as well. Many have commented about last supper syndrome I had about 5 "last suppers" each with things I figured I'd never have again but they were my favorite. To be honest I don't miss them like I thought I would. One of the last suppers was fried chicken wings I've had them again but now I can eat about 2 compared to the 6 I used to eat. Pizza toppings were back in my diet early out and now I have a little bit of crust now and then so it is something you can have again just not for a while.

Just keep reading here and looking at before and after pics for inspiration and start working on the mental aspect of this that I don't feel the doctors adequately address before hand. Start checking out recipes for the different stages and make a notebook to keep them all.

Won't be long and you'll be on the loser's bench!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

daphneb
on 3/29/13 1:28 am - AK

Totally normal, in my opinion.  A lot of people I knew were hesitant when I indicated I was getting this surgery.  I didn't tell everyone, but the people who were around me the most.  I honestly tried to get into "diet mode", but truly didn't smarten up until the two weeks prior to surgery. 

My last dinner two weeks prior to surgery was filet mignon, appetizers, wine, baked potato, chocolate cheesecake, rolls, etc... No wonder I was so fat.  However, after eight months, anyone that poo pooed the surgery and what I was doing have become believers as they've watched me transition in front of their eyes. 

The best part, is watching people's reaction that hasn't seen you for a long time.  There jaws literally drop to the floor when they see how awesome you look.  I hear "Omg, you look so good" everyday.  Talk about an ego booster.

Hands down the best thing I ever did for myself!  You will educate and empower those around you with your journey.  Don't be too hard on yourself prior to surgery.  Whatever you do that, when it comes to crunch time and you have to do the post surgery diet - do it with a vigor!  It'll just be the beginning then!

Good luck!

Misty Morgan
on 3/29/13 1:31 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
I can relate! My surgery is on April 24th and while I am super excited - the nerves have been creeping in. I keep thinking, what if they can't do it, what if there is complications, and I will miss chocolate. Having good dreams to bad dreams at night. But like you, I won't change my mind. I know it will be worth it in the end. I think this is all a part of the process.

thynnlynn
on 3/29/13 3:01 am - MI

I went through the same thing only I HAD to have surgery to have the band and port removed.  So it was a question of adding the RnY.  I had it done and I believe that I made the correct decision.  Do you homework, talk about it here and you fill figure it out.

BTW - I have NO support other than the kind people here.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 185 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?