Frozen meals

glad2balive
on 3/30/13 7:12 am

Do any of you use frozen meals (like Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones) for lunch or supper? Of course, the protein, fat, carbs. and sodium content need to be considered.. Wanted some ideas for convenient meals besides bars, shakes, and yogurt. Thanks!  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

lizpete
on 3/30/13 7:51 am - Marlboro, MA

I use them all the time when I travel for work.  I stick to the high protein ones.  Lean Cuisine has a few, Salsbury Steak,Swedish Meatballs, Tortilla Crusted Fish, Turkey and Gravy to name a few.I eat only the protein and veggies and leave the carbs.  I stay away from Weigh Watchers  too many carbs,  I recently tried the Atkins Frozen dinners, Very good!!  loaded with protein bu****ch the fat  The Sausage one gave me foamies.  I do not eat them when  I am at home unless I have some left over from a trip.  It was suggested by my nutricionist that I use them so I guess it should be alright. I have to admit  my favorite lunch is to take 4-5 X-Large Frozen Cooked Shrimp a little ****tail sauce and some veggies.  If I put the frozen shrimp in my lunch sack it is defrosted by lunchtime.  YUM YUM

yippeex8
on 3/30/13 8:12 am - Jenison, MI

At home, I've made my own frozen meals, for the crockpot. Tons of make-ahead healthy meal options online. If you freeze them inside a crock pot liner then a ziplok bag, then there's no clean up either!

Jilly Bean
on 3/30/13 8:25 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I eat them for lunch about once a week or so.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/30/13 10:29 am

I have found 2 or 3 Lean Cuisine that are just meat and veggies, no starch.

One is a beef with broccoli.  The other is a turkey with green beans and cranberries.  I think there is a turkey with spinach too but I am not a cooked spinach person. I take them to work for lunch occasionally.

Winnie

cabin111
on 3/30/13 10:31 am

Healthy Choice Lemon Fish Dinner...Don't eat the apple part.  Good eats!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/13 10:55 am - OH

I use them occasionally.  I just don't eat the pasta/rice/potatoes.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

selhard
on 3/30/13 11:26 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Even though I know fresh made meals are best, I use frozen meals, too.  My favorites are Lean Cuisine Fajita chicken spring rolls and Atkins Crustless Chicken Pot Pie.  For those that choose to buy frozen meals frequently and want to save money:    here's a website for coupons you can purchase in quantity  www.couponmaster.com 

SarahLee1969
on 3/30/13 12:21 pm - NY
Lean Cuisine Salad additions are good.I eat them as a meal with out adding salad usually! I tried the Atkins crust less chicken pot pie. Ate 1/2 for a meal, but it was a bit salty for my taste and more fat than I really wanted.
I like the Jimmy Dean delights breakfast sandwiches. I only eat 1/2 the English muffin or sandwich thin, but it makes for decent on the go hot breakfast.
CeciliaH.
on 3/30/13 1:47 pm

I discovered the Atkins High Protein frozen meals. I like the Beef Merlot, but they are all very tasty for a quick and easy lunch! 

HW 250lbs., Lab Band 6/2010 213lbs., revised to RNY 12/18/2012 224lbs., CW 186, GW 150lbs. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 381 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 217 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?