Back to work today!

bbearsmama
on 3/31/13 7:43 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

Today is my first day back at work since surgery. I am an elementary school teacher. I feel like I am ready but we'll see how my energy holds out. I have noticed that as I've become busier (toward the end of my medical leave), that it has been harder to get my fliuids/proteins in so I am going to have to be extra diligent about this. I often find myself getting so busy that I don't think of drinking or stopping to see how many grams of protein I've had for the day. Even though I can eat real food-I am still relying on two protein shakes per day to get enough protein in.

Wish me luck for a good day!

Thank you all so much for your support! I always learn so much on this board.

Hugs,

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Karens62
on 3/31/13 11:25 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
Enjoy being back at work, you'll do fine. I started making a point of totaling fluids and protein mid-day to make sure I have a handle on where I am before its too late in the day to get it all in.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

bbearsmama
on 4/1/13 8:39 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Good idea!!

glad2balive
on 3/31/13 11:32 pm

If you are allowed to drink in your room keep water bottles at various places so when you are teaching and moving you see a reminder to drink, Good luck!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

bbearsmama
on 4/1/13 8:39 am
RNY on 02/28/13

That is a FANTASTIC idea!! There are 2 places where I frequently am so I will do just that from now on! What a great suggestion!!

Thank you so much!

Pam

bbearsmama
on 4/1/13 8:42 am
RNY on 02/28/13

It was a good day! I had a protein shake for breakfast and a piece of cheese wrapped around a pickle slice for lunch. I feel so rushed at lunch that I'm afraid to eat much more than that. I do not want that stuck feeling and then the foamies! I'll figure it all out and get in a good routine!

It was good to be back. My little ones were so excited to see me and that just made my day! I'm tired but probably no more than usual on a regular workday!

Pam :)

Ocalasam
on 4/3/13 4:27 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I am a speech therapist at an elementary school, so we probably have similar schedules.  I have found using MyFitnessPal such a great way to keep track of everything - it becomes addictive!  I also keep my mini-fridge stocked with Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, water, and other snacks that are high in protein.  I get my supplements ready for the week in a pill container that has a compartment for each day that is removable.  I throw the days worth of pills in my lunch bag and that way I don't forget to take them.  Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics