Drs say I'm approved insurance not so much...

Sarahakers11
on 4/1/13 3:00 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

So I had one of my pre op appointments to go over some stuff this morning. Gave me a list of test I need to do.  I had some of these not covered by insurance in the past so I called to make sure the EKG, X-Rays, and Endoscopy would be covered.  the first 2 will be but the Endoscopy they need to get authorization for.  I mentioned it was for the surgery that was approved on June 4th.  The insurance says they dont have an approval for me on June 4th or any date.  I have a call back into the office but really WTF!

I have tricare prime.

Just when you think its going smoothly!

Sarah

debbie A.
on 4/1/13 3:35 am - inland empire, CA

Oh man that sucks. I am so lucky. I work for kaiser permanente, which is a medical facility. i have their insurance so the only approval I had to have was a bariatrician. Then i had 12 wks worth of classes and a psych appt. I didn't even have to diet at all. They told me not to gain weight though. But I gained 11 lbs because I stopped smoking which was a requirement and they let that slide. I'm so glad I didnt have to go through all that insurance crap everyone else has had to.

Kendra C.
on 4/1/13 3:56 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I have had Tricare Prime in the past, well before our last move. Have you signed up to check your own referral status and authorizations? I created an account on MyHMHS . Hope this helps. 

Sarahakers11
on 4/1/13 4:13 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Yeah I can see them at mytricare.com.  I didnt realize they were there till now.  I see the authorization for visits but not for the surgery.  the insurance lady left me a message saying i didnt need it for tricare standard.  I told her before I am prime.  really...REALLY!

Sarahakers11
on 4/1/13 4:25 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Dr's office called back said they spoke with tricare I do have an authorization it just got put in as outpatient vice inpatient.  and she got it straightend out should be updated with in the hour. 

OH BOY...PANIC!  lol

Kendra C.
on 4/1/13 4:27 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

OH sooooo happy for you. Prayers everything goes smoothly for you :)

debbie A.
on 4/1/13 4:31 am - inland empire, CA

Yayyyy  isnt that a good feeling... knowing it will happen?

ialdridge
on 4/1/13 4:34 am - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13

Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a good thing !!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comH.W. 312   S.W. 275.  C.W 231 RNY on 04/08/13

imaclutz
on 4/1/13 4:38 am - WI
RNY on 04/17/13

Yaaay!  Good for you! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?