3 month check, confused???

Nellybelly2012
on 4/4/13 3:26 am - LA

I went to the dr yesterday and the good news is I am more than 50% to goal but the bad news is I am not eating enough  Like that's a problem for me when I could eat enough for everybody..lol Well I should be having snacks in between meals and should try to get more protein in. Not only that I am not suppose to be swallowing pills yet(explains why I am always cold, my iron is just sitting in my stomach) I explained that I am not always hungry and I may just have a protein bar, well I was eating the wrong ones.. I had Special K and the nut says there is too much sugar in those.. go figure I read the box and it says 4g of sugar, s had to make a mad dash for the store yesterday to buy Atkins protein bars. Hope it works out so now I have to go back to crushing (yuk) my meds, not complaining cause I love my new look and cant wait to see more.. I am down to 220.4 from 275(HW) but anybody have any suggestions for other ways to get enough food in with out that overfull feeling I get if I eat more than 5/6 bites..  

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

poet_kelly
on 4/4/13 4:04 am - OH

Why has the iron been just sitting in your stomach?  Most people absorb vitamins fine without crushing them, and pills should be washed into your small intestine as soon as you take a drink.

Four grams of sugar is too much?  How much sugar does your nutritionist think is OK?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Nellybelly2012
on 4/4/13 5:10 am - LA

That is exactly what I thought, so that is why I am confused.. I also thought the same about the vitamins but she said I had to wait until I was 6 months out. I dont understand if they had been just sitting in stomach I would feel it right? I guess i just have to wait and see...

poet_kelly
on 4/4/13 5:27 am - OH

Did you ask them to explain?  I don't understand what will happen at six months to make them suddenly stop sitting in your stomach if they are sitting in the stomach now.  And the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery says it's fine to swallow our vitamins.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Nellybelly2012
on 4/4/13 11:11 am - LA

Doesnt make sense to me either.. I just told her okay but I will take the chewable iron but will still swallow the others.

CraftySuzy17
on 4/4/13 4:19 am - Dallas, GA
RNY on 02/18/13

Yeah I agree...4g of sugar doesn't seem too high for one bar.

Suzy ~ HW 285 ~ SW 258 ~ CW 233

Karens62
on 4/4/13 5:39 am - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
What kind of Special K protein bars were you eating? I only ask because the ones I saw had a minimum of 15 gms sugar and only 10 gms protein. I used to love those so if there's one with better ratio, I would love to know.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Amanda M.
on 4/4/13 9:42 am
RNY on 01/18/13
I agree! Finding ANY bar with less than 7g is hard task for me!

Nellybelly2012
on 4/4/13 11:15 am - LA

The chocolate drizzle has 4g of sugar and 10g of protein.. The a Atkins has 2g of sugar and 20g of protein.. I have only found the special K at Walmart  The ones by the diet side have too much sugar so look at the ones on the cereal isle. I even asked her about Koshi and she said it was cereal and I couldn't have that yet so it was out but I guess if you can have it go for it..

Pittsteelers
on 4/4/13 7:31 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I stay away from the Atkins protein bars because they have a lot of sugar alcohol in them. I eat quest protein bars, zone perfect and and Special K (with no or very little sugar alcohol). Sugar alcohol makes my stomach hurt and I'm in the bathroom very soon after I eat it. Other snacks you can try are string cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, Refried beans and cheese, hummus. Good luck to you. You are doing great so far!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views